is this upgrade ok?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by brvnbld, Jun 14, 2012.

1. brvnbld

brvnbld Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750
    hey pill monster....even when i use dragon natural speaking, the system shuts down like tat...i think u are right...the cpu might be the problem, i assembled the pc myself. so i think i did something wrong..

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Use CoreTemp to check your CPU temperature under load. Is the HS/fan seated properly and fan plugged into the motherboard?

If you have the rig in your specs then I doubt it's the PSU. 550W should be ample for that card.

3. brvnbld

brvnbld Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750
    ok, now i went to bios and set everything to defaults...now the shutdown prob is gone... the heatsink is fit tight on the processor and fan is also running.. but when i check the CPU temp it shows 53C to 57C...is it ok?..and thanks for all the help...

4. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    That seems awfully high even for the BIOS posting of your temps. I would purchase some thermal compound/paste and try reapplying the compound and reseatting the cooler.

6. brvnbld

brvnbld Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750
    yeah, i am using the box cooler. i tweaked the bios to keep fan setting as performance...i think tat's why the system shut down. now after resetting bios, it doesn't. ..and may be i should consider setting the cpu and cooler again...

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Some arctic silver 5 will do wonders but on an AMD x6 you need to treat it right give it the cooling it deserves you can pick one up on the cheap too as to not upset the parental. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099 this one works great.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    If the vcore is on auto in bios then chances are it's running at about 1.45v which is too high, every ASUS board I've owned has had that quirk.

Check and adjust manually if needed, 1.35v or so should be enough.

Actually you should really be using offset voltage, this way CnQ will work and the CPU temps should drop right down when not under load.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  9. brvnbld

brvnbld Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750
    ok, i went to the bios and changed the voltage down to 1.25V, which didnt reduce the temps any further...so i tried 1.10V..then the cpu was cooler...the max temp it reached was 52C, ..But when i launched CPU-Z, the system crashed...so thought might be some prob because of my setting in bios...so reset it....

Now, i have been checking CPU temp with speedfan, which has been showing me wrong readings...after i tried with "speccy", i found that the problem is with motherboard...the mobo is normally at 52C.....the heatsink actually fell off when i bought this..so i just pushed a stick into the pins to make it fit...is it anything i have forgotten to do??

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah I said about 1.35v, 1.10v is too low that's why it crashed. 1.25v is OK tho if it's stable.

Use CoreTemp.
    52c is warm for mobo temps, the sensor is located on the bottom left hand corner of the board so makes me wonder how good your case cooling is...

What do u mean exactly???

11. brvnbld

brvnbld Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750
    the heatsink on the mobo didnt ve the pins correctly..

there were 2 black plastic stud like thing on the heatsink on the southbridge of the mobo...the rivets for the stud were missing...so i placed a stick in place of rivet to tight it...i used this coretemp software u said so....it shows 42C to 44C...i have cooler master elite 310 cabinet with one fan at rear..gonna install another 120mm fan at the side...