Odd problem in OpenGL

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by ihaveaproblem, Mar 6, 2009.

1. ihaveaproblem

ihaveaproblem New Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire X1950XTX 512
    Hi all.
    I was posting this in the ATI board, but since it's not strictly hardware related (the graphics card works well), maybe it's better here. I hope it's only driver-related.

I recently purchased a 8" Lilliput touchscreen (for use with TouchBuddy software) and connected it to my second video output. Installed its drivers, everything's working fine.

The main monitor is a Syncmaster 226BW, and I have just reinstalled Cat 7.11 drivers and ATT 1.3.6.1042.

I only play IL-2 1946 (which gives problems) and Live For Speed (wich runs perfectly).
    I must say that IL-2 offers the choice between DirectX and OpenGL, while Live For Speed doesn't. I suppose Live For Speed runs only in DirectX.

Anyway, IL-2 is optimized for OpenGL and before buying the second monitor, it always ran in that mode without a single problem.
    In few words, if I want to use the touchscreen (which I WANT to use!), I am forced to set the game into DirectX mode, loosing some eye-candy, only available in OpenGL.
    If I run the game in OpenGL (while the touchscreen is active) the game only loads on half of the monitor area. Game doesn't freeze, menus are clickable, but it's obviously useless.

I ask the Gurus, is there something I can tweak in ATT (don't know much of all those advanced parameters) ??

Thanks all.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009