CLIStart.exe runs for 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by upurz2, Jun 16, 2012.

1. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Why is it that some CATS run CLIStart.exe for about 5 minutes before launching CCC.exe and MOM.exe? The latest 12.6 betas do this while the previous 12.6 betas did not. I remember seeing this with the early 12.x CATS. Why can't AMD get this right. OK, maybe that was a dumb question :).

The problem I have with this is that the overclocking I do with Trixx get's set to the default once CCC.exe kicks in.

Does anyone else see this? Is there a fix for it besides sticking with CATS that start CCC fast?

2. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    yup I've got long load times and the stupidity of CCC not remembering and applying the scaling options so you end up with a desktop not the full size of the LCD

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I usually right click on the desktop and run CCC from there when the OS starts, that usually makes it start within seconds, not really needed but it might be useful one day. :p

Only ever have this problem with the leaked non-official beta drivers also, weird. :)

4. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Use CCC_control tool from Atiman.

Chance the default time as follow.

immediately
    10 seconds
    30 seconds
    60 seconds

or return again to CCC default (300 seconds).