Aniso optimization?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by ginfest, Feb 2, 2003.

1. ginfest

ginfest Guest

Hi ,
    I think I misunderstood somewhere along the line!
    I've been using RT and altering the drivers with the D3D Aniso and OpenGL patch scripts for awhile. Started when I had a GF3. I then got a GF4 and always patched the newest drivers as I used them.
    Always worked well, no probs.
    I just went to alter the 42.01 drivers and noticed that the patch script for D3D says "Aniso for pre-Geforce 4 boards" ?
    I though that the D3D and OpenGL Aniso opts were for all boards?
    So can I assume that the checkboxs for the stages limiting aniso haven't had and won't have any effect with the GF4? I never tried to check whether the performance was better 'cause I've always used and believed in RT and assumed that it was working as designed.
    Does the GF4 do it's own "type" of Aniso filtering?
    Sorry if this is stupid, just want to make sure.
    TIA,
    Mike G

2. dboniuk

dboniuk Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 3090 OC
    I am not sure, but I think that if a GF4 is present, you can use the optimizations without patching the drivers. You only need to patch if you have a pre-GF4 board.

DJB

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Absolutely correct.

4. Vyrticl

Vyrticl Guest

do you still need to do the opengl ansio patch even if you have a gf4? Because I can't seem to find any option in RivaTuner to optimize the ansio in opengl.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You can run the script without applying it. It will display detailed help ;)

6. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Yup.