What is HydraVision exactly?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Espionage724, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Just looking to hear what it does from someone who might have it installed currently. I'd also be interested to know if it works on Windows 8 too.

Ideally, I'd love for it to be able to confine Explorer windows and other programs to an area on-maximize on Eyefinity setups, and to also limit the Start Screen on 8/8.1 to a single screen.

2. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
  3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    whoa... you mean eyefinity doesnt do those 2 things you mentioned already!? ouch

i also wonder how will those 3rd party window/explorer managers work when eyefinity/surround is enabled

you might as well try installing it, what could go wrong? :nerd: (inb4 windows boot failure)

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Back then when I used to have multiscreen setup it did remembered position of each application window and it's size, It allowed for stuff like move window to occupy just 1/2 of screen like standard Win7 feature does.
    It may still have some interesting features if you switch between different screen setups, other than that I believe it's mostly obsolete now.

6. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Guest

GPU:
    Titan X
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Interesting; I just wonder if it works with the Start Screen now, but I'll probably just have to try that on my own.

Might have to redo my Eyefinity setup :)

8. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    It can remember positions of windows on all monitors, you can set more desktops on one monitor or split the screen etc...

I never used it BTW :D

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hooked up my Eyefinity setup again and installed HydraVision (from 9.4 BETA drivers). It does seem to allow me to confine windows to a monitor, but it only seems to work if I actually click the maximize button (if I double-click the titlebar or drag it to the top of the desktop, it'll cover all three monitors). It works, but not as seamlessly as I'd hoped :/

Haven't tested the Start Screen on 8/8.1 yet (on 7 atm).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013