Random down-clocking?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Mkilbride, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Now, I started using MSI at the start of the year / when I got my 470. Lovely program and I prefer it to RivaTuner / the other little programs to OC and whatnot.

However, one issue I have had while using it, is random downclocking...this has followed me onto a new system with a new install and everything.

The over-clock settings will randomly go back to default and stay there until I reboot.

The OC itself is stable, though, within range for what almost everyone got, and I even have it better cooled. Temps are 60-70c, which are very acceptable for the card.

OC is the 1.087V
    774 / 1548 / 2000

Alot of people even managed to get better than this on the stock cooler...and like I said, temps are fiiiine, and my PSU has plenty of juice.

It doesn't happen all the time either; it happens maybe a few times a week, but other than that is fine.

Using the latest Beta. Oddly enough if I uninstall it and use something like the EVGA Utility to OC it, this issue goes away, but I don't like EVGA little utility.

I have maximum performance enabled in the NVIDIA panel; however it always downclocks when I'm idling, so I'm not sure how to change that. Is it somehow messing with this program?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012