Missing emails on one pc at home

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Halloween Jack, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Ti
    Hi guys,

We have a laptop and a desktop both running WLM.

I know they have to work separately with WLM: as in, if I delete stuff or put it in a folder on one pc I have to do the same on the other.

This is fine but I've noticed whole bunches of emails appearing on one but not on the other.

For example, a load came in from a client of mine today while the desktop was off. My wife filed them away on the laptop. But when I turned on the desktop they didn't arrive (I checked my folder too for good measure.)

I seem to remember having something like this before, that the process of them appearing on a machine deletes them from the talk talk server or something like that.

But the desktop got loads of other ones from today, so it doesn't seem consistent.

Any ideas what might be the cause?

Cheers

2. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Ti
    Found the setting I was thinking of but it was already set to:

Remove from server when deleted from 'deleted items'

Which sounds like it should be fine.

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    If you are connecting to an email server from 2 machines you need to set it to leave a copy on the server so both machines get the same emails.You can set the time it leaves it I have mine set to 14 days.This doesn't effect any other settings for removing it when deleted from deleted items.

4. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Ti
    Yeah thanks, I changed the setting to 30 days to be safe. But it's weird how it was set to:

Remove from server when deleted from 'deleted items'

and yet the missing ones hadn't been deleted, they'd been moved to a folder...

Does that make any kind of sense?

Cheers