Black screen after Mobility X600 to FireGL v3200 mod

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by a_tewinkel, May 2, 2008.

1. a_tewinkel

a_tewinkel New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility X600 128 MB
    Hi everyone,

I'm encountering problems when softmodding my Mobility X600 to a FireGL v3200.

I've used the script in this thread and downloaded the mobility FireGL driver 8.293. Also, i've modded the .inf file according to this method by AlecRyben.

After installing the driver and rebooting, my screen turns black (it does not switch off) when the Windows login screen should appear. The computer does not crash.
    I do not get a black screen when I boot using VGA mode (640x480, 8 bit), but I do get a black screen when changing a graphic setting. For example, turning off hardware acceleration results in a black screen, but when I shut down and reboot, hardware acceleration is turned off (the setting is saved) but the screen is functioning @640x480x8. Changing it again results in a black screen.

EDIT: in the meanwhile, I've also tried this, using FireGL driver 8.083 and I added the native resolution of my LCD to the .inf. Same problem.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong here? Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  2. a_tewinkel

a_tewinkel New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility X600 128 MB
    I've also connected my CRT; that works. I've set the LCD timings using Powerstrip to values which work with my Radeon Omega drivers, but the LCD remains black. Also, SolidWorks crashes with the modified FireGL drivers and there is NO performance increase in 3Dsmax. I think I'm out of options here, but if anyone has a suggestion I might try it.

3. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    what´s the device id of your card ? primary and secondary ?
    maybe you can try the latest atidriver 8.453.1.

just post your device id´s here, and i´ll post the patchscript for you.

btw. you are using xp ? or xp 64 ?

4. a_tewinkel

a_tewinkel New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility X600 128 MB
    Hello Schoko,

thanks for offering help :). I'm using XP Pro 32 bit.

When I look at the properties of my video card (in the device manager) I can only see the Device Instance Id = 3150. I guess that's primary, I don't know where to find the secondary. However, when I was modifying the CX_36758.inf I saw that the secondary id of other cards was primary id + 20, so I guess the secondary id for my card would be 3170? Or am I wrong here?

Anyway, if you would like to post the script for the new driver, I'll try it and post the results. Maybe the newer driver will work. Thanks! :)

5. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    hi a_tehwinkel

download the latest driver from ati ( 8.453.1)
    try this patchsript :

and as usual modify the CX_63073.inf.

edit this line
    "ATI FireGL V3200 Secondary" = ati2mtag_RV380GL, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_3E74

to
    "ATI FireGL V3200 Secondary" = ati2mtag_RV380GL, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_3150

and the install via the have disk method
    this should actually work.

6. a_tewinkel

a_tewinkel New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility X600 128 MB
    Hello Schoko,

I've installed the driver using your patch script and the different modification of the .inf, but I still have the same problem. The LCD of my laptop is black (with a small grey bar near the lower side of the screen), my CRT works. Also I tried to install a second time, with my native resolution added to the .inf. Still no working LCD.

My guess is still that the timings for the LCD are wrong, but I'm not sure. Changing them with Powerstrip to values which I know should work does not make a difference, but maybe they should be changed somewhere else so that they are already correct at boot-up. I can't think of any other problem which would cause this kind of problem. Do you have an idea?