[Official] Windows 10 - Redstone 1 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

VL ISOs
    Code:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Jkdp/1JYvnNxXw
    ESDs

Code:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/5P3D/v7xzand7o
    LPs

Code:
    http://pastebin.com/Y6AVJpNF
    Decrypter

Code:
    https://t.co/K43SsWZmG9
    Credit: WZor

[​IMG]
    Code:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/

[​IMG]
    Code:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    [​IMG]
    Code:
    https://gist.github.com/mkuba50/27c909501cbc2a4f169be4b4075a66ff#windows-10-education-redstone-1-id-242
    January 2017 Refresh Redstone 1 - 14393.0.161119-1705 (ESD)

JANUARY 2017 RS1 REFRESH ESD's

Enterprise VL, Education VL, Pro VL, Pro Retail

Code:
    http://pastebin.com/raw/VpHchsrp
    Credit: abbodi1406 - MDL

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Good to hear. Almost time for clean install again lol. I don't have a lot of stuff installed this go round anyway. (and all my steam/origin games are backed up)

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, I'm ready for a clean install, only had this one since April and explorer refuses to last a day without crashing at least once

EDIT - And icons don't refresh automatically most of the time, move something to the desktop, it's nowhere to be seen until I refresh

Tempted to clean install 14390 but might be a PITA if it's not RTM

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dona has said it is not the final build.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not in so many words, she said "Um...not RTM", but just a couple of days ago on Windows Weekly she was pushing how they are trying to get away from calling it RTM now, so...

Take it as you will, could end up being RTM, might not :)

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Neah, not that one.

@win10fan haha, we have more builds coming.

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It's not RTM, people only began thinking that because it's close to 16 July, which is what people think the version number 1607 alludes to. Just like TH2 with 1511, it actually means yymm, so 2015 November. The 1607 is 2016 July.

Due to the new build structure it's possible RTM could be right on release. This makes more sense than having release day updates, but that may still happen. There is much less need for them now to have it done several weeks before. There isn't any need for naming them release candidates, as that implies the build could be ready for release.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I read that too, still no confirmation saying this is not the August 2nd build, yea there will be more builds coming, she is head of the insiders programme which will continue after RS1 RTM

Not saying 14390 is RTM, but she seems to be avoiding a definite answer about it using things that could mean others

Tbh, I'm a bit sick of these minor releases, I want to reinstall with RS1 and forget about the insiders programme for a while now

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well she did say RS2 has not begun so imho RS1 still hasn't been signed off.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Didn't see that tweet, I thought they worked on newer releases simultaneously, so Windows 7 was in progress before Vista RTM'd kinda thing?

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's what she said :D

@donasarkar @win10fan so you're switching to rs2 now?
    @never_released @win10fan not yet. you'll know when.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah, just that Insiders are not switching to it yet, no doubt it's been in development for a while already though

She's just head of the Insiders programme :)

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    maybe it will also fix what ever compatibility issue Avast has with with Win10 since 1151 I dont have high hopes that avast will be fixing it, But altest the disappearing startbar issue will be fixed,

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Let's see what happens. I'm still hoping for some bug fixes .. Edge needs some polish and that bug from a while ago with the selection box appearing shows up from time to time on start and calculator. I did a clean install in hyper-v but it was the same so no upgrade issues there. I'm keen to do a clean install because of my steam issues though. There's still some weird labelling in services.

15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    When it comes, I will do a system backup and then apply the update with crossed fingers. I will only clean install as a last resort. I hope it doesn't become necessary.

I had to clean install Threshold but I'm convinced now that it was because I had messed around with the partitions and had even resized the Windows one. I made the changes because I wanted to eliminate the 8gb recovery partition that was left over from the 8.1 OEM installation. There were also 2 500 mb recovery partitions instead of one. I deleted the extras and resized the main partition. When Threshold was released, It never showed up in Windows Update and trying to upgrade with a disk or the upgrade tool would not work.

This time I haven't touched the partitions since the clean install so hopefully, it will work.

16. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Windows will create a couple of small partitions at the beginning of the drive, you shouldn't delete those. If you really need that space you need a bigger drive (or look at manually applying Xpress4k/Xpress16 file compression).

Basically all upgrade installs that weren't UEFI to begin with would still be legacy. The easiest way to see this if you had no idea of anythng else is how Windows boots. If you continually see the BIOS logo right from boot, and then it stays but with the Windows circular progress indicator below it until Windows is loaded, you are in UEFI mode. If you see the Windows logo then you are in legacy mode.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yep, far from perfection, but any improvements over TH2 are welcome, as I typed this, my taskbar icons disappeared and appeared one by one again lol

As always, Patch Tuesday will be there to fix what they leave broken in RTM, 12 months since 10 RTM, TH2 is a world ahead of what it was originally

18. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not RTM, and as I said in an earlier discussion 1607 is not a date but the year and month of the release, so rtm could be 31/07.

Still some odd issues with the icons, and the start menu losing all text after playing games, Edge losing titles, not closing with multiple tabs, if this lands up being close to rtm, I am a bit worried, does not seem polished enough.

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    My drive is 1TB so I didn't absolutely need the space. I just wanted the drive to be in the default configuration for Windows 10 and it wasn't.

My machine boots by very briefly flashing the OEM logo, then the last part of the BIOS info, then the Windows logo, then the circle, then the Welcome screen, and then the desktop. I skip the lock screen and log on stuff. The motherboard does not support UEFI at all.

My tablet is UEFI and it only shows the OEM logo, then the Windows logo, then the Welcome screen, and then the desktop. Your descriptions don't seem to be accurate.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You can safely delete the extra recovery partitions in setup. WU spawned 3 of those even though there is a partition at the beginning of the drive. I went back to 1511 and in setup got rid of those 3, extended C:\, and I can boot into recovery environment just fine.