Visual delay

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Hook, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Hook

Hook Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hello everybody, I'd like to ask help with a problem I'am having on counter strike games.

Basically, both counter strike 1.6 (steam) and counter strike global offensive are having visual delay or lag while using value fps_max 100. Now on the older version of the game (cs 1.6), fps_max 100 is the default value whenever you first open the game and it doesn't matter either you play single player or online there's PERMANENT camera or visual lag while moving the crosshair from left side to right or vice versa. It cannot be compared with vsync and the bigger mouse latency which is noticeably different from this kind of lag. I also mentioned counter strike global offensive, because same value fps_max 100 also causes the visual lag, but higher value than 120 up to 300 makes it less noticeable. Well, there's another value fps_max 60, I agree it smooths out the mouse movement allot, basically perfect, however it comes with screen tearing which I would like to avoid if possible, not that I can't play with it. Lately I've discussed this problem with my friend and he denied having this problem on his laptop. It's an laptop with windows 10, 60hz screen, i7 processor and GT635m video card. I'll add exact models if needed. Now he can use the value fps_max 100 with no problems. While spectating him on counter strike 1.6 his mouse moves without glitches and very accurate and I that's why I'am writing here. The problem may be simple as fps_max 100 can't be displayed on 60hz monitor which I have, but then again why does my friends game perform without problems according to him, on same 60hz just laptop.

Could anybody if possible test both values on counter strike 1.6(steam) and see if there's same problem

Sorry for long wall of text, here's a link of my dxdiag http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/NHkMtWn3/file.html

Thank you

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. Did you manage to solve this?

3. Hook

Hook Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    no, I'll make a new thread will dpc latency tests, however you should try to play with resolution of 1280x1024 and if you notice blackbars use launch command -stretchaspect. Playing at this resolution made the game more responsive and it isn't lagging that bad, however I still have mouse delay

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017