Mixed Questions about PS3 and its games

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mr.Bigtime, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hey,

as iam a console maniac iam giving my time on them. Well, i have some questions my mind and if u help me to answer them i will be glad and happy.

PS: my PS3 is connected to internet with LAN not wireless. i bought a new modem with 4 port on it.and PS3 online gaming is far more better than before.

1- About multiplayer: i know iam from Turkey and when i game in EU servers it wont be awesome but COMON! all online games, to MANY EU servers i got above 80 ping...but it looks like on PS3 my multiplayer gaming is HELL to me! :bang:why? matchmaking system is crap? i must open my MODEMS port? idid it.
    1-a) And tehre another question, do we connect peoples PS3s to play online? or there r servers for ps3 GAMING? For an example BAD COMPANY...when i connect to a game, do i connect to somebody's PS3?

2- Iam playing KZ2 abit..online is FUN..i choose region as EU, mostly PINGS r fine..i wonder what is ur CONTROLLER sensitity? onine aming is hard with gamepad..but at this point pls dod not compare with K/M because INDEED nothing beats it :p

Anyway, people r skilled as i see in the game and they kill good..and their pings r mostly far more better than me.

3-My PS3 FREEZED yesterday while playing BAD COMPANY, WTF? :p well, PS3 fan was spinning like hell..so it was hot i presume. but still WTF!

3-a) about bad company,again i feel like it matches me with JAPAn servers..wtf man..its annoying not to see pings :(...
    b) and again, people play like they r using Mouse and Keyboard lol..

Ok people, i fell like WHINING PUNK :p. i know i dont play online games on consoles too much but iam familiar with gamepad but it looks like some people on consoels games online games like tehre is no tomorrow and they play good lol..

P.s (again) i thnk all problem is PING..i shoot and enemy dont die..but they shoot and i die easily...mehh...

EDIT: what the hell? i thought i opened this on CONSOLE section..SORY can u move this pls :)

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    mr. bigtime i had to fill in the dns servers of my isp into the ps3. maybe that helps. :)

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    type DNS server of ISP to PS3? how? there is no option for it on PS3? or i miss something :S..and, why should i do that? i thought everything HAPPENS automatically..not?

modem gets DNS server automaticly as i know..i have no problem with PC gaming..but this is ridiculous on PS3 :S

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you can set the dns servers manually in the config section of the internet.
    it should happen automaticly, but it didnt at my end. its worth a shot.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  7. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    sometimes the DNS servers fail, especially across Road Runner regardless what country you are in. You may want to try Open DNS servers and entering them manually.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm yeah..

and iam getting NAT3..wtf..it was NAT 2 s i remember before..i done all guides on google and youtube but cant make this NAT 2..ODD...