| posts: 100
I've generally found that router based ad blockers are more trouble than they're worth.
While they usually work, I've had them cause issues with some sites.
You may even forgot that you have it installed and not realize till some time later that the reason something doesn't work right is because of changes you made on your router.
If the blocker is built into the client, I can just turn it off (if anything to at least make sure it's the blocker causing the issue). When the blocker is in the router I now have to log into it and disable it; as this functionality is usually shoe-horned in with scripts turning them on and off is additional effort you have to go through.
Feel free to give it a try, maybe things have progressed from when I used it. I did, however, find it caused more headaches than it solved.