Hitman Episode 1 now FREE

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
  2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Yeah, turns out mainstream games dont do well well when sold in pieces and that can even lead to your (horrible) publisher dropping you!

Doesn't help that the game for whatever reason looks outdated. Also a pretty terrible year or so for stealth games in general, they pretty much all flopped hard, whether by coincidence or not.. I dunno, tho each one had something different you could point at and say that that's why it flopped.

This Hitman could be an interesting purchase down the line as a full package tho with this essentially free demo now, heaaaavily discounted.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Gaming in general is pretty stagnant right now imo. Sequels and delays including sequels that get delayed. :puke2:

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I hate the whole idea because it is even worse than pre-ordering........here is a bit of the game, we can't wait until it is finished to see the cash so buy this bit NOW, and we will bring you another bit later....then once the game is finished we will sell it as a normal game to everybody else........

Of course gamers have a share in the blame fot his BS practice even getting off the table.

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Apparently not free on steam, says £10.99 although xbox and ps4 both show free on the respective sites

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Today's update also removed the Denuvo protection, still needs online for Steam of course and the games optional modes and challenges like the new (And second last?) elusive target hunt.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Agent47 and Baldman are the same person.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Finally bought Season 1 as it was on sale too for less than 20 €.

I can tell after 3 hrs that this is indeed a true Hitman game again. Absolution was fine as a game but quite bad as a Hitman game compared to older ones.

Having lot of fun, especially as the kinks seem to be ironed out now. Smooth sailing with maxed settings @1080p with 1.2 supersampling and DX12. No issues either.

Also I thought Hitman wouldn't have that much of a storyline but already the intro cinematic basically drops a bomb... ;)
    based on previous games you'd think ICA created 47 in that facility in Romania. Apparently not!

(Being a Hitman veteran the first thing I did was turn off Instinct, Opportunities and NPC icons. No magic help like that thank you :))

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  9. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    "free" as in DEMO.

10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Demos as free. So it's free. No quotes.

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Is it really decent then? Might try and pick it up during summer sale! Did enjoy Absolution.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yes! :)

I had heard good things about it so was expecting a good game but still was positively surprised. And this from a guy who spent surely way too much time playing Silent Assassin and Blood Money, for example.

The only gripe I have is that new Hitman has no Jesper Kyd's soundtrack anymore. The new soundtrack is ok and suits the mood of the game but sounds like a "modded" soundtrack from Deus Ex :D
    (David Bateson is 47's voice still, thank mercy)

IMO you might just as well pick it up now, Season 1 (=all content so far) is 66 % off, doubt summer sales would have it cheaper than that.

I played through and enjoyed Absolution too but it really didn't compare to SA or BM. Mainly due to how different it was (closed levels, checkpoints, no map or loadout etc.).

Absolution felt more like someone else's take on Hitman than genuine Hitman.

PS: I think it's kind of a neat touch that IO announced the sale as "their first thing as independent studio" or such.
    Spinning it that way doesn't make Squeenix letting them go sound as such a bad thing after all.

Also the episodic nature could be IO's saving grace now as they can create more content for an existing game for a while instead of having to start creating a new game.
    If that makes sense. Another reason why I bought the game now, to support IO.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  13. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    In terms of games..

Demo of a game is a demo, as in a small sample of a complete product, such as what this is.

Free means free as in a complete product. Nothing needs to be bought to enjoy the whole product. Free, this isnt.

You still need to buy the rest of the game. So no, its not free, its a demo.

They intentionally chose to piss about with word play, i go to their steam page and find theres only a "Download Demo" button. I close page and wait till they're all for less than a tenner.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ignoring this demo / free game debacle... the interesting news I think is that IO Interactive has become an independent studio and has retained the rights to the Hitman Series :>

No news of who owns Kane & Lynch though.

15. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Downloading demo now,Loved Absolution despite so many others hated it.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Uh, what?

They said "you can play episode 1 for free."

Does the demo contain episode 1 or not? If yes, then you can play e1 for free and there's nothing wrong with what they said.

Did you want ALL episodes for free? Are you mental?

17. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I got the demo and all it lets you do is the training mission. I like it and want to get the full version plus all DLC for it so can anyone tell me what version to get on Steam that has it all?

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    (wrong thread)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i got it for ps4 played cant say i like the game play then again i never liked franchise, for pure stealth assassin game play is damn near perfect .

Look great too but game play is just me to me