Fermi bios editor guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by civato, Jan 6, 2011.

1. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    EVGA OSD will display what the driver runs at. Refer to GPU-Z sensor data to get the clock the clock generator is producing. As the clock entered will be auto-corrected by the clock generator.

Don't worry about the calculator because all it does is give u the bumped clocks which do nothing more than require more voltage. Just do it the way I do it to minimize the voltage requirement since the clock generator does the calculations fermi calculator would do automatically.

It should be 1000Mhz core and 2000Mhz shader, as well as 2052Mhz memory. How are you flashing the gpu bios? It needs to be done in nvflash so it will be done the right way and report correctly.

Do re-paste anything in terms of cores, just put a dot big enough that you know for sure that with your index finger you can spread over the whole entire chip. The 550 Ti has that outer lip which needs paste too since it'll give more contact surface to transfer heat meaning lower temps than stock. Don't use a glove use your bare skin with Arcrtic Silver Ceramique 2 since it's ceramic. To re-paste the voltage regulators, remove the thermal interface material from the heatsink and clean the voltage regulators and heatsink spotless. Then apply a thin layer across the entire contact surface of the voltage regulator heatsink to get 25-45% better heat transfer, meaning lower vreg temps for improved stability. With that vreg heatsink you have we could push to 1050-1100 with additional volts if u re-paste the vregs like i said.

From what you said it's only covering half, pick up some copper heatsinks and add them manually to all the voltage regulators, or find a big copper one to cover them all and 1-2 small ones to cover the others. That's the only way to extend the life of the card indefinitely and push the clocks into the extreme realm.

Good luck

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. evilkittie

evilkittie Guest

GPU:
    ASUS / 550 TI / 1024
    flashed it using the stuff you gave me via usb dos boot disk
    that readout is form the nvidia driver control panel on linux
    it is at 1125 millivolts...

3. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    Okay since your on linux. That's cool it'll report whatever it sees could be wrong could be right. Use GPU-Z to be 100% sure and update to the latest nvidia drivers.

To Stress test one run of 3dmark11 is sufficient. Then game it up on your favorite games for hours to be sure.

What are your idle/ load temps in Celsius?

Your thoughts on the increase in performance? I found that 1000mhz on the 550 Ti made a world of difference in frame rate could be as much as 20 fps faster than stock.

4. evilkittie

evilkittie Guest

GPU:
    ASUS / 550 TI / 1024
    http://i.imgur.com/Xt1eTs6.jpg - under windows
    heaven on set on ultra with x8 AA without no tessellation @ 720p
    fan speed is being increased using msi afterburner

only way i can OC this card on linux is to flash it, which is why i posted here
    @ stock i got 28FPS at that part of heaven under those settings

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

5. M lockjaw

M lockjaw Guest

GPU:
    alienware gtx 555 sli
    does this work with alienware gtx 555

does this work with alienware gtx 555?

6. nidzaaaa

nidzaaaa Guest

GPU:
    gtx460

Sorry for using this old topic but i have a problem, maybe someone can help me...

I have some strange throttling while playing older games souch as cs 1.6, Rise of nations etc...

Those games become choppy and laggy while playing because gpu ist working at full capacity. When switch to desktop, lag continues untill i run some furmark or something similar that awake the card. Tried everything driver/other software solutions but it is not woking..

So i think maximising the bios clocks of 2d and 3d performance will fix the problem..

Can you help me?

7. Ed700

Ed700 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 460 1Gb GDDR5
    Hi guys, please tell me what is the P-STAGE and P-Level I will really appreciate a detailed response?
    What means "P"fermi bios editor

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  8. Ed700

Ed700 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 460 1Gb GDDR5
    and what "bumped shader"?Explain that this is the effect on performance?Or discussion died here????

9. blaHbluBB

blaHbluBB Guest

GPU:
    560ti
    sorry for bumping an old thread, but could some kind soul share the "FermibiosCalculator 1.0.0.4"?
    i tried the guru3d.com download section but the link is down :(

thank you :)

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Blimey, that's old. I looked up the binary and have been able find it. You can use the Guru3D download link again to grab it.

11. blaHbluBB

blaHbluBB Guest

GPU:
    560ti
    thank you very very much, and have a nice day you kind soul of the internet :)

12. Xhah

Xhah Guest

GPU:
    HD7790
    I made this account just to say:
    Thank you!
    I've a GT440 Mini i.e Mac Edition from Inoo3D with a really tiny cooler (For a 75W GPU) and it was reaching 90c under max load so I wanted to bring down the voltages a tad bit to make it run a little cooler; ideally without sacrificing too much performance. But since the GPU has no manual voltage control; my only option was to mod the BIOS.
    With the help of this guide; I was able to underclock core frequency from 810Mhz to 750Mhz, memory frequency from 800Mhz to 750Mhz and P15 voltages from 1,088mV to 990mV.
    Now it stays under 70c at max load, yet the performance is roughly the same! What a miracle!

chispy likes this.