CM Storm PowerRX gaming mousepad

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Cooler Master released the CM Storm PowerRX, a new cloth gaming mousepad that is water resistant. The mousepad measures 450mm x 350mm and has a thickness of 2.5mm, it consists of a rubber coated weave...

CM Storm PowerRX gaming mousepad

2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It looks really cool, but I don't like the price. It's a mouse pad - nothing fancy!

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Agreed, should be no more than $15-$20.

4. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DirectCu II
    The title is misleading, because the mouse pad is not an ordinary one - it's a hybrid between cloth and rubber. There is only one hybrid mat I know of (Zowie G-TF or the smaller P-TF, which I own) which is a cloth and plastic mix. I guess it's expensive to manufacture.

A mouse pad is essential for gamers, especially FPS fanatics ones. I have 3 or 4 hard mats collecting dust, because they wear out too quickly. I've had Razer and SteelSeries and all of them wear out in no time. Cloth doesn't, but it's sluggish and I don't like it. Hybrid, however, is a great middle ground. Not as fast as hard mats, but a lot faster than cloth. I can't notice any difference on the used and unused surface of the mouse pad so there's no wearing so far (I've used it for more than a year now). Zowie released an improved and faster versions of their two hybrid mats, but I can't see myself investing another €30 (price includes €11 shipping).

Zowie G-TF €24.90 - 440 x 320 x 2 mm

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Seriously .. this thing will be for AED 120-150 in Al Ain center easily. What a waste!

6. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks for this through input and the suggestion. My brother is looking for a mat and I'll check thin one out.

Regarding cloth ones - he had some SteelSeries mat that got literally destroyed really quickly; I have EverGlide Titan, washed it a few times and it's been working well for like 4-5 years. But I think it might be difficult to recommend for you, as I use it at relatively high DPI - it's set vertically, so 250mm width and it allows me exactly 6 full turns. These new Razer Speed mats might be interesting too.

7. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DirectCu II
    I'm using Razer DeathAdder 1st gen. @ 1500DPI on a FullHD monitor with no acceleration and drift control. I usually tweak the ingame sensitivity, but if UT2004 is a good example, the setting is @ 2.05. A 360 degree turn ingame is about 5cm. in length on the mouse pad. If you're looking for a fast pad, but don't want to replace it often - get a hybrid.

The Razer "speed" mats are not hybrid, sadly. They're falling behind in that department IMO.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I have two QCK+s one at work the other at home, the one at work is pretty beaten with the edges coming up a little but i've had it for 4 years now. I have looked for others in the past but it's difficult to find a mouse pad at 17.7 x 15.7 inches.

Guess I might look at Zowie's. I like their keyboard when I owned it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  9. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'm sorry for the thread resurrection, however I have to report how the recommended Zowie Gear GT-F performs (after I bought it for my brother):

First of all, thank you for the recommendation and I can confirm it's worth every $0.01.

I've tested it with Logitech G700 and Razer Mamba 2013, and some el-cheapo mouse. It's hands down the best mouse pad I've ever tried out. It looks rigid, the edges are nicely reinforced and the mouse gliiiiiiides. The difference between static and dynamic friction is close to none - mouse doesn't "jump" after moving from place at all. The movements are fast and predictable. The surface is also pretty nice in touch. Now I'm considering buying a smaller version for myself.

The tracking precision with G700 improved significantly over QCK Mini. With Mamba it was already perfect on all "normal" surfaces, but the precision of the movement itself is a lot better now. I recommend it for every laser mouse, both high-precision (around 4cm for full 360 degree turn), and long fast swipes at lower DPI.