Starting Folding with guru3d

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by thedreamers, Jan 11, 2010.

1. thedreamers

thedreamers New Member

GPU:
    POV 9800GTX
    Hi all, i've joined your folding group with my 2 ws. One with ati firepro v5700 and other with nvidia 9800gtx card ;)

:banana:

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    The more the merrier :roll:

3. Zebatshu

Zebatshu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    Welcome aboard. :)

4. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    One step closer to world domination xD

5. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Welcome to folding. See you are now at 1402 points with 8 folds WTG. It always fold sleeping and when playing facebook apps.

6. BungRTS

BungRTS Member

GPU:
    GTX460 768MB Sli
    F@H - Right Way or Wrong Way

Hey All;
    If i have this wrong pls feel free to correct me,

If you do not have server grade RAM ie ECC RAM then your results will not be accurate. The analogy i liked was -

If you were playing a game and some pixels were blue instead of green

a) did you even notice them. (maybe, probably not)
    b) does it really matter. (NO)

However, in a stream of data for say MEDICAL purposes, DNA strands etc.., 1 bit out of place and you have a genetic anomaly.

Don't get me wrong anything and everything that we can do to help each other is not the wrong thing to do, but if we are to do it, shouldnt we do it

RIGHT.

Please, anyone, if this is incorrect, CORRECT me.

Searched for awhile to find some answers but to no avail.

Cheers,

ps I am a former Canadian National Ski-Patroller and my Motto has always been--

Those of us who can help ---- MUST.

7. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    From what I have read, all the data checking is done by the software (to be specific, the cores that process the WU) If the core detects the errors, it will instantly give you error, usually the error is EUE but it can be other forms as well. Therefore, the F@H developers take extreme caution before releasing a core into the public. Also the new core that is released will run projects that have verified results to make sure that the data output is scientifically valid. If not, they will remove the core and try to patch it up or if the error is serious, they may choose to discard it.

The best example is from SMP Client. Initally, core a1 was released and it did do the job but not that effectivly so they made core a2. Unfortunatly, a2 had serious problems so was never ported to windows and remained for Linux and OSX. Now core a3 address the problems of both the previous cores and can run smoothly on all the supported platforms (when OSX was update to 10.3.6, IIRC, that caused a major problem and they are fixing it but there is no ETA) and there is a known problem of non-linear slow down if the CPU cycles are taken from it. Nonetheless, it is way more effective than the previous ones and like all the cores, have software checking for valid scientific data. The same applies to GPU Clients too.

8. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    welcome to the team