Override Refresh rates

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by ddsflyr, Feb 6, 2003.

1. ddsflyr

ddsflyr Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 7900GTX 512
    How do I override the default 60hz refresh rates in my flight sims using Riva Tuner? I am using Dets 30.82 and Windows XP. i.e. How do the Detonator/RefreshRateFix and the Refresh Overrider features work? What values do I neet to use in each of the sub-features?

ddsflyr

Last edited: Feb 6, 2003
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

RivaTuner provides all 3 available ways of fixing 60Hz, it allows to override the minimum refresh rate at the display driver level (for NVIDIA boards only), override the minimum refresh rate at the monitor driver level (universal way which can be used with any display adapter) and provides TRS refresh overrider (universal way too). If you're beginner, I'll recommend you to use 60Hz fix wizard, which uses display driver level fixing based approach. Just click driver customization button on the main tab, select 60Hz fix wizard button from the context toolbar then simply select refresh rates you wish and press Install button ;)

3. ddsflyr

ddsflyr Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 7900GTX 512
    I'm sorry, I just must be stupid but all I see when I click the driver customization toolbar is 5 icons, Customize system settings, direct3D, OpenGl, desktop and overlay and reset to defaults. I don't see a 60 hz fix button anywhere nor do I see any clear explanation anywhere else of how to use the power user features. I wish there was some sort of comprehensive instruction guide as to how to use this program somewhere. My computer knowledge is very good but apparently not enough to figure out this.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It can only mean that you are trying to use 60Hz fix under Windows 9x/ME. What's a point of doing this?!