RAID problem...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by truenewb, Feb 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. truenewb

truenewb Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295
    Ok so.. I have 2 PQI 32gb ssd in RAID0 (59.7gb 128k stripe). The RAID has Windows Vista 64bit installed on it and is running fine. I also have a WD Black 640gb harddrive with Windows 7 on it.

The RAID picks up the hard drive fine when im in vista but if I try to boot to the Hard drive(windows 7) I get blue screen as soon as windows starts to boot?:bang:

I had the hard drive with windows 7 before I got the ssd set up in RAID.. so I never thought to put the RAID drivers on the hard drive when I installed windows7 but im not sure if thats the problem or not.. Any help would be greatly appreciated... This is my first time setting up a raid so if you need any more info about my setup or you think I may have done something wrong please let me know

2. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    If you installed Windows before changing the BIOS setting to RAID, then you need to reinstall (just use the repair function). There is another way I think, of enabling the Intel RAID driver by registry. I used that to enable my x86 Vista (installed on AHCI mode) to boot after RAID for the x64.

Not really exactly what I read before, but similar. You would probably be looking for iastor, or the Intel RAID driver names to enable.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Go into the Bios and select set sata as ide mode instead of Raid when you want to boot into your non raided HD.

4. truenewb

truenewb Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295
    Yea I knew that would work but its just a pain in the ass to have to do that every time I want to boot into windows 7.. But I already did a fresh install and put the raid drivers on windows 7 as well. But thanks for the help anyway.