Post your game room/station pics #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Dec 10, 2011.

1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    ...and please try not to quote pictures. If you must, then include only the picture you are commenting on, thanks.

3. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
  4. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    da image is beyond ugly so photobucket decided to take it down lolz , but im sure people whove been here for the last few years have seen his beauty of a dumpster/room/closet xD

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

5. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
  6. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    The current room.
    Will post pic of final set-up soon.
    [​IMG]

7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I spy with my little eye ... something that looks like a Samsung T240 :D

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I got an entire new setup, desk n all. Gaming never looked so good.

Sony Bravia 40" 3D 1080p LED (KDL40EX720)
    Fractal Design mini case housing Phenom2/580GTX/6gigDDR3/Corsair 128gig SSD/WD 3TB
    Razor Mamba/exact pad and Nostromo
    MS Arc wireless kb and 360 gamepad
    Arcade stick
    Clark Synthesis Tactile Transducer and Dayton 150w sub amplifier
    Sauder computer desk
    Ipad 1st gen

Not pictured is my Creative Sigma 3d headset

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is the Transducer attached under my gaming chair...so i feel explosions go booom

[​IMG]

Dayton amp to power it. atm it just sits on the floor behind the desk
    [​IMG]

9. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Awesome setup F1refly, does that fight stick work on pc or console only ?

Is'nt that 3x2gb ddr3 running in single channel ?

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Nice bottle of TGI Friday's Orange Dream. And i'm still not entirely sure whether i'd prefer active or passive 3D. Like that passive doesn't require charging and haven't found a single pair of passive 3D glasses that were uncomfortable... but i've tried the first generation NVidia 3DVision glasses, and they hurt where the end of the arms touched behind my ears.

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Posting pics of my recent new build, will post pics of my EF gaming station when I have the HD7970's...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'd also just added an Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1, after the pic was taken.....
    [​IMG]

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    mikeysg, that's beautiful(and powerrrrfull)! How many 7970s are you aiming for? :eyebrows:

13. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    I thought this was to show your room, and not just your rig...

14. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I dunno, I'm thinking HD7990 + HD7970 for tri-CFX goodness. I might just get impatient and get 2x HD7970......I really dunno.:nerd: As for the beautiful part, I'd messed up. I went with the RipjawsX 2133mhz which came with blue heatsink, I should have gone with RipjawsZ which comes in red or black. It would be a much nicer match with the black and red them I had going....
    As I'd stated in my previous post -
    It is an ongoing upgrade project, it's not quite done yet.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    yes single channel. I don't think phenom 2 supports triple channel which is what that ram is. I only got it because at the time it was cheapest and i wanted more than 4 gigs but 8 gigs was overkill.

THe fight stick works on PS3 and PC both. I got it for my MAME emulated arcade games on my PC. Only thing i don't like about it is the stick makes that clicking noise when you press it any direction...so annoying. I thought maybe i'd replace it with a Sanwa part or something.

I never even tried it. IF...IF i do, i'm unsure if i should get the Sony glasses that are made for the TV (has built in sensor for it) or if i should get the NV glasses. or if it even matters.

I know nothing about 3d stuff other than the passive kind at the movies looks just fine enough for me. The orange dream was my wife's, but she never drank it so i've been nipping at it. not really much of a drinker anyway but too lazy to put it in the fridge.

But the PC gaming on the 40" is something to behold. I'd love to see Skyrim in 3d on this thing. I heard if i use the TV's glasses, i can buy the NV software that will make PC games in 3d...is that correct??

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011

16. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I tried gaming on my 46" Sony Bravia...but for me the pixels are just too damn big for a large tv....needs to be better than 1080P

17. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    aye I have a 40" 1080P LED Full Array and tell ya the truth on my 30" IPS Monitor at 2560x1600 the tv just has no chance.... they keep trying to sell me a new TV where I live but I keep telling them no TV till its over 1080P they just stare at me not understanding what I am saying

Here is my current cubby office I used to sleep in here somehow... when money was tight years ago. Luckily the TV room and etc look way better then this but its functional only thing u cant see in this pic is the 2 Mobile Workstations or the Server thats in this room as well...

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc408/volkov956/image4.jpg
    (yes thats gas canisters for Nerve Gas)
    http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc408/volkov956/image3.jpg
    http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc408/volkov956/image2.jpg
    http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc408/volkov956/image1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  18. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    as long as the fonts are bigger than regular default pc fonts aka default console game sized fonts and your sitting away a certain distance from your tv and not being close up with your face then it should be ok

if you wanted clear small fonts on a big tv youd need a tv with a resolution of 4kx4k

that time hasnt come yet but 4kx4k consumer projectors are starting to surface i recon this is the start for 4kx4k then itll slowly go over to tv`s ...sloooowwwwlllyyy , as said until then sitting away from your tv a healthy distance and using large fonts will suffice , thou by no means do i recommend to use your tv for main pc work , its perfect for games and movies but not for main work as said , i too use a 24 inch panel for regular pc work :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Well... about the glasses... i'm not entirely sure how well that'd work using NVidia's. I mean, you'd probably save some money getting the Sony glasses, and then if you use something that doesn't run through your computer, say maybe a 3D game on PS3 possibly, you'd be SoL.

As for the NVidia software, yes.... they have one piece of software that ties in with their drivers to allow you to use a 3D HDTV and the TV's glasses, rather than requiring the 3DVision hardware. Used it for a short time when i tried out a Vizio 32" Theater 3D HDTV to see how much i like their theater 3D. Probably going to wind up going the LG Cinema 3D route.... since i think i liked theirs better from what i saw at Best Buy one day.

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    well i tried looking online for the sony 3d glasses but only found 1 and its from a different manufacturer. I assumed Sony made their own pair for it. i don't want no funky compatability issues