ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere (SweetFX)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    i cant get alien isolation to work on windows 10 with reshade. reshade loads up but no effects are working. any ideas?

2. Dymblos

Dymblos Guest

GPU:
    GTX570
    Years ago i was using the InjectSMAA 1.2 for dx9 games
    now i want to use with a dx11 game, mortal kombat x, but is in windows 10 x64
    and that injector do not work on that.. so reading i find this sweetfx. and really work, but i use a preset from here https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/
    the game looks awasome and also have smaa working.. but the bad is fps drops due to reshade and other stuff xD

now, the big question, there is any way to get ONLY the smaa working? because that is all what i want :p

3. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    So, probably its worth posting this here.

I recently, finally after an SSD, went towards an IPS monitor as my next major upgrade. Its a Dell P2417H calibrated properly via tftcentral guides. The calibration is surprisingly spot on. I thought games would look vibrant and wonderful.

But the opposite happened. Games are surprisingly dull, and seem to use very few colors. Ofcourse the blacks and whites are perfect, but overall it feels dull. Can sweetfx fix this? I'm talking about a recent few I played and am not overly impressed. Rise of the Tomb Raider is one game.

This is not a problem for games which utilize various colors, first thing that comes to mind is warframe. It looks impresingly vibrant and filled with life/color on my IPS monitor.

Also probably worth writing here. White feels real "white". The whites in my TN feel pretty dull, lol.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Thats big, in game UI on the fly changes.

:nerd:

6. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
  7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    So how does this new reshade version work? where the hell do i put my settings config now?

It's very confusing.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    nvm:nerd:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    SweetFX has a setting for colour vibrance (saturation) and also you can control brightness, contrast and gamma on a per-colour-channel basis, to name a few.

Worth a try, I basically inject sharpening + vibrance on most games, even slight changes can make a big difference.

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i'm gonna have a lot of fun with PS4pro + Reshade 3

[​IMG]

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Been using 3.0 a bit and I must say its frickin amazing with ingame OSD and on the fly settings!

I was testing NaturalSelection2 @ MXAO and I was surprised how controllable it actually is, found that debugging mode really useful with white background.

Awesome tool, thanks CeeJay.dk & Co.! :D

12. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Firstly holy **** someone else apart from me plays NS2.

Secondly, how can you be using MXAO when the depth-buffer is disabled as it's an online game?

Also, come play on Woozas!

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah I have this game for a long time now, play it occasionally :) its come a long way.
    Although im from EU so dunno how is that AU lag.. Well any game so far had 300-350ms and its not so pleasant to play :D

Dunno it works fine, but MXAO can have a "big" fps hit, up to 20-30% gpu usage on/off or more if I raise few parameters. I use reshade for CA, sharpen, SMAA, vingette and MXAO.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    OpenGL - Prey, mouse doesn't work with reshade overlay. Bug?

I see there is 3.0.5, with this "Fixed correct OpenGL clip mode not set when rendering UI", Im at 3.0.3 atm, is this it? :nerd:

EDIT: nah, only if I alt+tab it takes control, but as soon as I click it goes back to FS and normal ingame mouse takes over.

Quake4 does the same in general, can't alt+tab properly or show desktop.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Which version? I had the same issues with Bf1 on some older 2.xx release.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I mentioned v3.0.3 and now 3.0.5, since V3 its active ingame OSD (shift+f2), you can tweak it realtime. :)

My issue with Prey is, it only takes partial control if its in windowed mode and if I alt+tab to desktop with FS windowed in background - game itself doesn't show desktop, just desktop taskbar.
    For example Q4 doesn't show taskbar at all.. idk guess it's a ID4 FS buffering thing.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i also had mouse problems with a game (dont remember which game though)

the mouse worked, but the clicking did not lol

eventually i went out of the game and altered the values manually (since i mosty change it to the same anyways lol)

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  19. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Does anybody got the older versions of reshade? This new in-game thing is terrible and they got rid of a lot of good post processing effects.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Anyone knows what could be the cause for this by Ghostbusters: The Game?

I installed latest redshade 3.0.6 and it stops by loading effects, I had 16 and it stops by 14.

[​IMG]

EDIT:

ok nvm I asked @ reshade forums, apparently its a known issue, but mine is slightly different refcount 2 instead of 1 like by thread starter over there,..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017