Manhunt for killer of French paratroopers

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by (.)(.), Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    something tells me they want this guy alive for interrogation purposes. if it wasnt for that, im pretty sure that house would of been raided already.

2. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Make him tired first and then go get him.

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Why risk further lives on this waste of oxygen.

Clear out surrounding properties and set fire to the house. Shoot anything running from the flames.

I realise I let my normal standards for ECHR slip a bit but the murder of innocent children has angered me, sorry.

4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No need for that, CS Tear Gas will do the trick.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    the sad thing is since this guy is linked to some terrorist organization, i can pretty much guarantee someones government will offer this guy a deal for what he knows.

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Most of these guys (i.e., the ones that do the shooting) know very little of worth, the real prizes are the fundraisers, logistics, etc. Terrorist groups are very expensive to operate which is why all of the big one's are basically proxies for their governments (e.g., Hezbollah=Iran).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Unbelievable...

France24 Live is reporting that three officers have been injured in a shootout with the bastard.

8. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Doesn't france have a elite squad to just go in there, shoot him in the limbs, and bring him out? just keep it simple.

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    GIGN or RAID. But they were only ranked #5 in the 2009 "Urban Shield" competition in which there were 26 other U.S. SWAT teams competing.

No offense, but if this happened in my country there would be a public uproar and an investigation opened immediately for how the situation deteriorated to this.

10. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Don't forget that we have presidential elections in May.
    And since the beginning of this presidential campaign, there has been a lot of hatred for "the others" in general (like the remarks about "superiority of certain cultures" etc...).
    With sometimes a lot of emphasis on cultural/religious differences between people (to gain voters from the far right wing).
    The general climate here is really weird...rough.

11. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    Being also from Israel, I understand your feelings, it would be over far faster.
    But don't think its due to French commando being weak or untrained.
    The French, Contrary to common belief, have one of the most well trained, well equipped, SMART armies in the world.
    Out of all the wars they had, they kicked ass in most.

I can guess a few reasons for not going in guns blazing and taking his ass out:
    1) He can kill himself, and he probably will try if stressed. Even flashbanged and gassed you can put a gun to yourself.
    2) In the current political climate, it would be better to end this with as little death as possible.
    3) Giving the guy a few more hours to stew and tire himself is always the right thing to do. No one is at risk, so why rush?

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    This situation is still going on.

13. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Police confirms he's dead

14. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Hope the police make a full recovery. As for the guy no tears shed here. Whilst I'd have liked to see him have to pay for what he did, if the prisons are anything like the UKs then it's not much of a punishment.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    They just said he started shooting like a maniac, they returned fire then he jumped through a window whilst still shooting, like a film scene, and was found dead outside the window, obviously he was shot as he lived on the groud floor, so why didn't they just say that.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    Just played the clip with a background audio of raid, must have been about 100+ rounds let off in about 30 seconds.

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yah, came out of the bathroom and started shooting to police, polite took cover, then that guy jumped out of the window and was found dead.

Shot to death, but by who. I hope that it was the police as it looks like he was trying to run away and perhaps kill few more. Or he shot himself outside.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  17. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I saw a news story regarding immigration and the lack on integration into society. It's not just a french problem where people come into the country and refuse to adapt to the local customs and instead try to force acceptance even prioritize their outside ideas/beliefs.

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Granted, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm making the GIGN to be total amateurs, I just don't think that they deal with this kind of situation enough. Thus, we have officers injured at the start in botched arrest, and the suspect died anyways.

I'm sorry, but one of the first things they teach in such a situation is the violence of action, in which through acting so fast with so much force you don't give the enemy a chance to react thus overwhelming him with ease. If they at the beginning had used tear gas in conjunction with a constant barrage of flashbangs there is very little chance the guy would have even known his sexual gender when they stormed in, forget about trying to shoot himself or others.

Just poor planning and execution, the GIGN are probably great regular SWAT officers in a normal situation. Now it could be that they wanted to do the things I described but were held back by the politicians due to the election.

19. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Yeah, Maybe.

What happened with this killer interested me because I live in south west of france, at about 1h10-1h30min from Toulouse, and I did my military service in a town located a few kilometers from the town in which he killed the paratroopers last week.
    I have foreign origins (italian origins from my mother), and a lot of the people in the area I live in are also from foreign origins (spain, portugal, italy, poland etc...), they came here in the 50-60s to help "rebuild" the country after the two wars, and work in the coal mines (my great parents worked down there)...and we are perfectly adapted to the french culture/customs. Maybe it's because we came from latin countries, so it's a bit easier to adapt.

@Chillin: I think they acted "slowly" because of the political orders. If they had stormed in there and killed him immediately, it would certainly have upset the muslim community and/or raise even more the racist opinions of people. It's a VERY delicate subject here.
    You can be sure that if he was a neo-***** or something else, the situation would have been handled very differently.
    Now that he's dead I can only predict lots of votes for the far right candidate in the presidential election to come, sadly :(

20. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.