1. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Hello.

I did a search and read the help file and didn't see anything about this.

I have a quad core system, and I like being able to monitor the load and temps on all the cores for my system.

Its fine in the OSD, they all display how I want them and its not problem.

The problem is when I'm on the desktop, I hover over the Riviatuner system tray icon and the tooltip pops up. It seems to only display a total of 6 lines of information (not including the clock and display adapter name at the top).

Right now it will only display my GPU temp, and the load on the four cores. Since it puts all four cores on its own line it takes up all the space and only allows for one more line of information to be displayed.

Is there a way to increase the amount of information displayed in the tool tip so I can show the temps, loads for all four cores of the CPU, the GPU temp, RAM usage, etc???

Thanks for any help!

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Just tested it myself, and everything I wanted to show as a tooltip worked. (I tested 8 items). Make sure you have tooltip check in setup for each item.

3. RadioActiveLobster

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    I checked, everything is set to display in the tooltip.

If I disable the temps for the four cores, then the other stuff will display because they are not taking up so much room, but it doesn't want to display any more than 6 lines of information.

EDIT: I seem to have found the problem.

It will display the CPU temps if the CPU usage plugins are disabled (not set to show), and it will display the CPU loads if the temps are set not to display. It seems to not be able to show both the CPU temps and the CPU loads for the four cores at the same time

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Line count is not a real limitation. The real one is a total amount of symbols in the tooltip - it is native limitation of all baloon tooltips in Windows, you cannot display more than 127 symbols there.

5. RadioActiveLobster

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Ok, so its a Windows limitation and not something I'm doing wrong with the program.

Is there anyway to get it to display more information, such as making a right click menu popup that displays them in a little box. I don't know much of anything about coding, but I've seen similar things done with other programs.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if this is an issue with the program, or the specific plugin but would it be possible to put the CPU usage on ONE line like the CPU temps are?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008