HIS Radeon R9 290X Dissected

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Over at the Asian Expreview they somehow got their hands on a R9-290X graphics card, and then took it apart. Check out how the PCB features the Hawaii chip from AMD alongside sixteen GDDR5 memory chi...

HIS Radeon R9 290X Dissected

2. DribbelDog

DribbelDog Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 FE SLI
    Did you mean "Reviews of the Radeon R9 290X can be expected tomorrow. "? ;-)

Anyway, looking forward to it. I think the past couple of months have clearly shown what happens without competition ($).

3. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    I was hoping BF4 would finally push our cards but I can still max out out at a stupidly high frame rate. I wanna get excited for hardware again, but it'll be another 2 years before the games start to come that push what we have now. Even then I'm not sure that will happen due to the low power of these new consoles and how game development focuses around them.

Nvidia and AMD need to make their own software development studio to sell their cards, buy Crytek or something, they can't be worth much seeing the massive flops they've had with their past few games.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Turn up resolution scaling in bf4 and enjoy a slideshow :)

5. Warrax

Warrax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti
    There's a rumor that the launch has been postponed to the end of the month, we will see tomorrow if it's true.

6. peshkohacka

peshkohacka Member Guru

GPU:
    ***8962;

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  7. lantian

lantian Guest

Star Citizen(CRYENGINE) medium requires a gtx 770 and that already is super exiting

8. BiggieShady

BiggieShady Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 970 Phantom
    That got me interested ... I went and see what was it about ... it's a space game ... that needs GTX 770 for medium settings.
    To make a space game that is gpu limited is not easy thing to do ...
    best case scenario - self-shadowing volumetric nebulae eating fps,
    worst case scenario - horribly optimized code.

9. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Yeah I am refreshing the main page waiting to see if its true or not.

10. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Agreed.

LOL this actually makes me want to cry, you are ware you have TWO cards, any idea the significance of that? BF4 DESTROYS my supposedly high end card so badly I have to be very careful what settings I use, and I am borderline with just 2xAA and ultra/high mix and this is with BASIC REQUIREMENTS (1080p 60FPS 60hz) - so what the HELL are you on about? we should only need ONE card in the first place but again your brainwashed all to hell.

But from a different perspective, games (a large portion) are pushing our hardware for all the WRONG reasons, and that's the end of that.

Agreed.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013