Lost desktop icon, can't get it back even after reinstall

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by IcarusLSC, Apr 11, 2017.

1. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I lost the icon on the taskbar for Afterburner. I tried to reinstall it, to no avail, any ideas? Win7 64bit.

2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Have you tried creating new shortcut to Afterburner on the desktop and pinning the shortcut? Have you tried redirecting the shortcut to the correct icon located in the afterburner install directory? Have you tried rebuilding the windows icon cache?

3. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    Tried the cache to no avail. Don't know how to change the icon for a tray item. I'll try the first one now, thanks.

4. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I just noticed the start menu icon is missing too, even after I direct it to it. Still not working with a link etc... Something has broken it.

If I pin the taskbar icon to it, and then unlock it, it shows the right icon, but it disappears after a reboot.

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Have you tried reinstalling Afterburner from a clean profile? It couldbe that something in your previous settings is corrupted and you just need to start from a clean slate.

6. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    Yes, tried that tonight. Didn't help :(