Missing Registry can't OC GPU

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by MichaelDS, Oct 9, 2008.

1. MichaelDS

MichaelDS New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX280
    I've only just switched over to vista on a new system , neither rivatuner nor NVtweak are working , NvTweak claims it due to missing or invalid "mscomctl.ocx" , riva tuner is simply missing most functions , I assume due to or absence of that file , anybody know how to fix this up , cheers

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Latest RT misses the most functions on GTX 280? Sorry, really hard to beleive.

3. MichaelDS

MichaelDS New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX280
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I haven't used RT in a fair while but on XP with my old 7800gtx it had about 4 tabs up the top including an overclock tab ... Maybe (definately) I'm just a dumb ass and need to set something up differently but - if NVtweak is saying mscomctl.ocx is invalid or missing and closes , I must be missing something , no ?

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You're not supposed to have low-level overclocking tab with this hardware. And the same applied to your old 7800GTX, RT never provided low-level o/c functionality on this hardware. Also, RT doesn't use any OCX components like mscomctl.ocx.

5. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    As for the mscomctl.ocx problem, it's quite common for that file to get fubar. If you do a google for it there are websites you can download mscomctl.ocx from, just replace your current one (usually in the system32 folder, make a backup first just in case though), then go to the 'run' box in the start menu and type:

REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX

and press enter.