Graphics Card Driver HELP

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by qsxsqsxs, Feb 2, 2017.

1. qsxsqsxs

qsxsqsxs Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 5500
    I need to update my graphics card driver, I have an Intel graphics card. So I tried to download the latest update from the Intel website, but because of how Acer modified my graphics card, the Intel update refuses to proceed. They told me to contact my manufacturer but my warranty is expired and Acer refuses to answer my calls. Acer does not have any graphics card updates for my Aspire E5-571. I'd like to get the generic Intel driver rather than this outdated Acer driver. Can anyone help me with that? If you need me to provide any more specifications, just ask and I'll update the post!

I have my DxDiag and MSinfo on a text file too if that's necessary (I don't know much about computer support but if I forgot anything, I'll add it!)

Also if this post isn't in the correct forum, please tell me and I'll move it!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  3. qsxsqsxs

qsxsqsxs Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 5500
    Thank you so much for your help but can I just ask for clarification over "Make sure after downloading driver to disable internet access so windows update does not install anything."? What does that mean? When do I disable my internet exactly?

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Meaning turn off WiFi or disconnect from ethernet while you are updating from that guide.

Windows will try to download driver from windows update(likely same one you already have)

5. qsxsqsxs

qsxsqsxs Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 5500
    Sorry to bother again, but whether I do it with my wifi on or off, when I do the Update Driver Software part, I get a message that says "Best software for my device is already installed". How do I properly update the driver without Windows getting in my way? Is completely uninstalling the driver I have now and somehow installing the newer driver I downloaded from Intel a good plan or a bad one?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You leave wifi off because windows update will download drivers.

You must update the driver by have disk and manually selecting the correct driver if it's not working from search.

So select have disk and browse to that extracted download then select the file igdlh64.inf or something like that inside graphics folder and it will install.

IDK if that link worked for you, not working for me now.

Reposted it
    http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...tory&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2615&lang=en

This driver is the newest one available besides some beta ones out there.