rivatuner error message, please help

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by ariank101, Sep 3, 2014.

1. ariank101

ariank101 Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx 780 Ti classy
    for some reason i cant figure out i started getting this error message every time i start msi after burner.... "some system components cannot be hooked right now. it is strongly recommended to restart the application." this message comes from rivatuner. i tried the obvious, and uninstalled rivatuner, msi afterburner and my gpu drivers and reinstalled them to no avail. can anyone help?

2. Lococmanusa

Lococmanusa Guest

GPU:
    amd 6700
    ERROR RivaTuner

ERROR RivaTuner Statistics Server some system component cannot be hooked

3. danszczerba

danszczerba Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 8g RX580
    anybody have a fix? i too am getting this with every windows boot :-(

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Also in Afterburners main window (I'm using the default skin so the layout could be a bit different with the others.) there's a little "i" button next to the driver and gpu names, clicking this shows various information including (A bit further down.) any current active 3D processes hooked so it's a good way to check for possible conflicting software.
    (Usually also various bits of software using 3D acceleration, had to set a ignore profile for WinMerge for example plus the launchers for Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen as those were being detected by Afterburner/RTSS, usually it's nothing too problematic but there's little need to have it monitor applications.)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5237289&postcount=6

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I get- Cannot establish connection with the update server pop-up for the last 3 months, Annoying as hell to say the least. Rivatuner stastics server.