Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 review with OC'd 6990 - First Results UP!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by polyzp, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    @polyzp

nice review. Can you test some mkv encoding with H264rip at exact your overclocking settings?

I would like to see, as example, from blue-ray to 1080 mkv files how much fps can do.

2. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    Only thing is i dont have a blueray player or a blue ray for that matter :p but I will definitely look into this! I am trying my best to include everyone's requests across all my forum posts on different sites.

3. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    And again, I dont believe that the patch stinks. If you look at my latest post with sandra 2012, one of the benchmarks gets +24.6% increase in performance. This is significant. Also, look at PCMARK 7 pre patch vs post patch scores. I am sure there will be multiple more examples where the patch actually does help, but you are correct that most the time its only a 0-5% benefit which isnt so significant.

4. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Guest

GPU:
    PNY gtx 460 1gig
    Yes very informative.................:bang:

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    how about clocking the intel chips to the same speed as the BD? I asked you this several times in the thread alone. until you do this this results are skewed and not fair and not to be taken seriously. A lot of people on here are very savvy and will never take any of there benchmarks sereiously. you say you do not work for amd, but I do not see any other posts frrom you in this forum. this makes me scepable. keep comparing low clocked i7 1366 to BD at 4.8ghz will not get you any sympathy here. google your name followed by bulldozer with net the same exact benchmarks from other sites. make a BD review with similarly clocked I7 or i5 and I make take a look but unfair benches like I am seeing here is rubbish. you wanted feedback and this is what I attempted to do.

6. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    It isnt like i am purposely comparing with CPUs at those frequency, it is more like that is what i could find online to compare with. If every review had an i7 2600k @ 4.8 Ghz I would gladly show this comparison. I am in no way trying to hide anything here,

Every case where I could find a 2600k at 4.8 ghz, or around this, I have included. I will most likely redo all my benchmarks with a 2600k and the exact GPU eventually, stay tuned.

7. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Guest

GPU:
    PNY gtx 460 1gig
    I thought this was the AMD section,Why is it people with intel systems are so arguative with this post.It seems like the trend with any AMD post is will turn into hostile negativity by people with intel systems.Someone explain this to me.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    ^^^^^^^^if you want to believe this review go right ahread. the testing methods vs the intel counterparts were clocked considerably lower than the BD counterparts. Last time I checked I can post is every section on this forum. and I will continue to post here as long as the testing methods favor one brand and is unfair to the other brand. OP you can say you are going to post fair reviews and I await them

9. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Guest

GPU:
    PNY gtx 460 1gig
    Im not saying anything that i believe,im just curious for example:Hey my AMD whatever cpu overclocked did this on that benchmark utility,yay............Then maybe few good job ol chap from AMD based systems members's then comes all the negativity from Intel im going to say fan's.
    It seems like any AMD post good or bad gets torn down by intel fan's almost everytime........WHY!

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    its is a very skewed review in every sense of the term. if you want to believe in viral marketing go right ahead. me I do not believe this review one bit and have explaine many times in this thread. I am a fan of 100% unbiased reviews and this does not have any of the traits of an unbiased review. similar to the hardocp review of bulldozer.

11. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    plyzp i really want to see power consuption on your test, both on default clock and oc to see if BD eat as lot of power that everyone say and to see SB real consuption because intel never reveal the max tpd of their chip.

12. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    AVP revisited with Patch, AND POV Ray 3.7 RC3 benchmarks up!

13. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    I will be doing a power usage post soon! ^^

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    hows about a review with all vc and cpu`s on a fair and level playing field? 2 580`s at 797? thats just a very minor stock oc. is the 7950 stock 800 iirc and you are testing it with a 100mhz oc. same goes for skewed cpu tests. fx at 4.8 all intel considerabley lower. seriously most people on here are tech savvy. and for the ones who are not, people like me post in these threads. as for saying you do not work for amd, I do not believe that for a second. I have been told to google your name followed by bulldoder and you can findmany skewed revies like this all over the net

15. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    i think he must hav call his review "how much oc for BD to keep up with SB", that's with i'm calling for a power test because i see alot of SB high oc reaching very high temp even on custom watercooling so it can suggest the power consuption is very high, if the powerdraw by BD and SB are close to each other with same oc, it could interresting to see these result included in the test.

16. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    My results are not scewed, only the choice of benchmarks. I admit I have chosen benchmarks where BD does better than usual, but its about time a review site shows its strengths as well as weaknesses (my review is not finished yet).

I love how people think just because they see bulldozer doing well for once that my results are for some reason scewed. Think outside of the box for once.

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    they are skewed 100% if it wasnt skewed all cpu would be at the same speed both amd and intel. same goes for graphics cards too. comparing BD at 4.8 to 3.6ghz first gen i7 at 3.6 is bogus. same goes for bd at 4.8 vs an 1155 2500k at 4ghz. this is about an unfair biased review that I have seen in a long long time. you are not going to fool most people in here with these benchmarks either, the few you might of convinced have people like me and other users to show them the light. where are the benchmarks with bd at 4.0ghz that you said you were going to do for me. you know the one where you were comparing a 4.8 BD to a lowly clock 2500k at just 4ghz?

18. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    If your benchmarker like you claim in post 1# how come you had to make new accounts for every single forum review site out there? like guru3d, anandtech, hardocp, overclockers, hardwarecanucks...why do you need post the exact same thing on every single tech site out there? Your whole thread here an everywhere comes across as viral marketing which I believe it is.

19. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    I only posted to get peoples opinion, its nothing more than that. Again, if you look at clocks and understand the differences between set ups, then it isnt skewed at all. Everything should be put into consideration when looking at my comparisons. I am not purposely posting comparisons with older arch, thats just what other reviewers seem to be using over and over (where are all the 2600k + 6990 reviews?? ><, I would rather use these to compare) When a 2600k can be compared to , I do. Because I dont own a 2600k myself it is hard to make perfect comparisons, instead I am only left with what other review sites with the same GPU have posted. Believe what you may, but I am not trying to market anything at all, I am not making a single penny from all this.

20. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    If i posted a pentium 4 with a 6990, against an FX at 4.8 Ghz with a 6990, this still wouldn't be skewing the results. The results are what they are, take them with a grain of salt. If you keep in mind that it IS a pentium 4 at a low clock, then it is what it is. Everything is simply for comparison's sake, nothing more.