Updated Drivers.. derped something

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Weirwood, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Weirwood

Weirwood Guest

GPU:
    AMD R 280x
    Hello everyone~ let me start by saying thanks for taken the time to read about my woes, I'll try to make it clear as I can. I'm really desperate for help. Please and Thank you.

Previous history...
    New PC in November 2013. In December 2013 I downloaded/installed 13.12 drivers by simply downloading and installing. All worked fine.

1) Had no issues, wanted to update drivers to beta 14.6. At the time had 13.12

Was playing... Wildstar, Final Fantasy 14 both MMORPGs. 14.6 beta gave a performance boost to Wildstar.

2) Downloaded 14.6 beta from AMD's site. Ran it from desktop, it installed the drivers + Raptr. Upon restart after the install, I lost control of my keyboard and mouse. I had no choice but to do a hard reset with the power button.

3) On the restart the system booted up normally, both keyboard and mouse working normal. Raptr opened and began to scan my PC for games to optimize.

4) Mistakenly pressed "optimize" and the program changed my games settings. I then hit the "unoptimized" and it proceeded to change my games settings back.

SETTINGS FOR CCC and GAMES

In AMD's CCC all settings remained default. All 3D settings are "allow application to decide action".

I start up Final Fantasy 14 and instantly I see an increase in running lines or "jaggies" on objects. Signs, poles, character models/armor/weapons, trees and Flags. As I run around a city, or the object moves. I see them moving or flickering.

It's JUST like Anti-Aliasing was turned off. My FPS remained good, no slow down or hang ups. Just an increase in jaggies or running lines around objects.

I then check other games...

World of Warcraft (increase in running/jaggies on objects,models/trees, hair..ect)

Counter Strike: GO (increase in jaggies on objects (power lines buildings..etc)

Wildstar (character models, buildings,weapons...etc)

After a lot of testing I discovered.

A) That if I went into the game settings and increased anti-aliasing, from say 2 to 4 the jaggies decreased but were still there.

B) If In went to the CCC and changed it from default 'multisampling' to "adaptive multisampling' it would reduce the jaggie lines I would see in Tree's and Fences (transparent objects).

B) Over all FPS wasn't effected, not were I could tell a difference.

*What I've tried to do so to fix my issue*:bang:

1) rolled back drivers in windows to 13.12 (no change)

2) Uninstalled all AMD drivers (per their website instructions) and installed their 14.4 drivers. (no change)

**Uninstalled Raptr**

3) Uninstalled all AMD drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, reinstalled 14.4 drivers (no change)

4) Sent my GPU back for RMA and changed GPU with a HD7770, I uninstalled the drivers again with Display Driver Uninstaller. Put in the 7770 and installed 14.4 drivers (no change) I continued on with the RMA of my 280x as to be sure it's not the components.

5) Changed monitors (no change)

6) Ran a Windows file scan to see if there were any missing files (none)

7) Unable to do a system restore cause restore doesn't go back that far (2 months)

8) Downloaded AMD's self scan/installer for drivers. It showed that I have a APU and needed a completely different driver. Not sure why it said that but did not install it.

and here I am...

New card is on it's way and I think that when I get it, I should do a clean install with Display Driver Uninstaller and use the 13.12 drivers. Reasons?

1) Maybe I corrupted my drivers with the 14.6 beta install over old drivers?

2) When I did the roll back to 13.12 that wouldn't have fixed some corruption?

3) After the roll back and uninstall the first time, I have all ways used the 14.4 drivers. Though I've been told that the display drivers should be "matured" and not the issue.

BUT WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE????

If I do a clean uninstall with Display Driver Uninstaller. Put in my new R280x. Install the 13.12 drivers and still have this issue is there anything that it could possibly be?

The whole issue started with the install of 14.6 drivers.

Please let me know your thoughts, opinions and suggestions.

Again sorry for the long ready but I wanted to explain it as it happened:approval:.