Rainbow Six Siege

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Jun 10, 2014.

1. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
  2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I'll just add to what was said in the E3 thread.

Game seems very SWAT 4ish, except.. To find a team as well spoken and coordinated as the one shown in the E3 demo is nearly impossible..

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Hmmmm. Not convinced. Looks like they outsourced BF4 small scale shootouts and relabled it as Rainbow6. :(

4. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Agreed, looks low poly and boring.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No single player... no interest.
    Trashing Patriots and going full MP killed my interest.

6. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    It's really full MP ? :3eyes:

Okay... BF: Hardline here i come

7. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    I think it looks pretty good, I've been wanting another SWAT game and this is maybe as close as I'm going to get to it.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I used to like this kind of game back in the day, all the tactics and planning, but what I've seen from that video looks way more like a BF/CoD close quarter...

9. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Kinda my feeling too. Patriots looked like an R6 I wanted to play. This not so much.
    The destruction is way over the top by the end of that the house was Swiss Cheese and prolly shoulda fell down. Guy runs behind a wall, No Problem just shoot thru the damn wall it don't matter. It's a neat concept and all but seem a bit over the top.
    I will say it's nice to see they were actually playing on PC and that Dante was one horrid shot.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  10. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I lollled at how many times you blindly fired rounds without even having his crosshairs over the target. By the end I was wondering if they were intentionally missing the one guy on the other team repeatedly just so he could show up at the end and make it more dramatic.

11. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Looks lame, like ive said for every Rainbow release after Ravenshield. The series has utterly gone to ****.

12. Maximilian89

Maximilian89 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780TI Matrix Platinum
    This is THE GAME of E3 2014!

13. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    the extreme lack of recoil is kinda meh

14. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Looks good atm.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Watched the footage for it from E3... while the destructible environment looks cool, it also looks comically overdone.
    And, as I said before, the fact that they are putting MP first annoys me.

But, the footage itself just looked boring.
    Mostly because it looks ungodly scripted. I don't believe that was actually a human controlled team playing that.
    And, designing a MP focused game so tightly over people cooperating in such a way... is basically destined for failure.
    It's horribly rare to find people willing to play that organized, to want to try such a specific and coordinated plan.
    And even more rare to have a team to play with, and play against.

16. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    True, finding a team that has patience doing all of this is very difficult, most people will ruin it at some point with "Leeeroy Jenkins !" attitude, hence this game has no chance without a proper specialized SP.

17. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I really dunno what's so hard to literally just take Rainbow6 Ravenshield and redo it again. Then go and release all classic maps from the whole series (Embassies, villas, oil platforms, factories etc etc etc) as DLCs.

Where's the f**king problem? :p

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    There is no way that trailer wasn't pre-rendered or entirely scripted. The animations of the ai and the females facial expressions is what gives it all away, its too fluid/lively expressive. Ubi do this with their games, then when it comes out and you pal the exact same scene, its all stiff animations and expressionless faces and ai are just standing there waiting to be shot.

19. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Add no modding, no interest to that.

There was no AI, humans played both sides and of course they scripted out how the match would unfold (just like that one BFH trailer). The first sequence with the drone view on the female seemed to be one whole motion captured animation though, so I doubt we will see it like that in the final game.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No, there was no AI... both sides... cops and baddies... were scripted. They played out a scripted scene with people reading a script over it "pretending" to be playing the game.

Just wait for release, wait for a game to happen... WAIT for a player to get killed and lose the hostage like it happened in this video.
    And wait for that player to be cussed out, called every racially offensive slur in the book before being kicked from the game.

The people commenting on how impressive the game looks, and how awesome the gameplay is... are completely blind to what they watched.