Amazon Considering Raising Yearly “Prime” Membership by up to $40

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Feb 2, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Source

Meh. As a Prime member, I'm not really sure what to think about this.. I mean an extra $40 a year added to what I already spend with them really isn't that bad.

2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Well, I'm a Prime member too and I have to say it's a heckuva bargain at it's current price. I don't like any increase in prices, but I can understand this with how high shipping costs are now compared to 3 years ago, let alone 6 or more. It would still be worth it for the way we use it now. :/

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They raise the price, I cancel my prime membership.... Nice that they intend to single out customers in the US.....

4. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    In case you haven't noticed, the US is quite a bit larger than say, the UK. Shipping from CA to NY is a lot more expensive than from any other country that has amazon prime.

5. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Iam a prime member too. If the price is jacked up over $20.00 I doubt I will renew.

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    considering that in Europe we have 4+ amazons with different prices and stupidly high ones in many of them compared to other shops/amazon (i buy 50% of my products of UK, instead of spanish amazon). I find our 14€ prime to be mostly useless, but if I had a good amazon where i can buy almost everything with good prices... probably i would pay upto 20€, but 40$ seems a little high IMO (depends in which salary you are in US of course).