Rivatuner v2.11 no fan control on 9800GTX with nvidia driver 180.43 What can I do?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Qtin, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Qtin

Qtin New Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 9800GTX 512mb
    Hi, i cannot set up a fan profile, or any fan control, not even at the scheduler. This all started after installing the new Nvidia drivers, 180.42 and 180.43. I have a 9800GTX. Is there any way of updating Riva tuner to support my card, to allow fan tweaking? My GPU is running really hot. It used to work before on other drivers, but not anymore.
    Would appretiate any help. Thanx

2. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    revert back to a previous driver....... i had the same problem, although if you get evga precision you can change the fan speed but you cannot set up a scheduler :(.... i`d just wait for the beta tests to finish then upgrade ur driver. I was even getting driver crashes whilst playing farCry2......

3. Qtin

Qtin New Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 9800GTX 512mb
    Thanx Li4m79, i tried EVGA precision tool, it works. Instead of a scheduler, i just assigned hotkeys for the different fan speeds! thanx for your help. Atleast my card idles between 40-42 now and not 60+ lol!
    Thanx again

4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    you can do what i did, altho its pretty crazy, make a scheluder which starts a .cmd file which starts EVGA precision with different startup configurations

then use taskkill -im evgaprecision.exe

PD: Each evga with different startup configuration is in a different folder