Afterburner black screen with cursor when I record video.

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by drac, Jan 28, 2012.

1. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    When I record video in BF3 the resulting video file comes up blank (all black screen) with a cursor in the center when I go to view it. How do I fix this? Any help is much appreciated. :cheers:

2. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    halp

3. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Have sorted this out. It was the frame size, I set it from 1/2 frame to full frame and that fixed it.

4. Hyper02

Hyper02 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 448 cores
    i still can't get mine to work i'm having the same problem but i have to start the video before i enter the game as i dont get any think like fps showing up in game switch i have it set to but when i play the video back i get black screen with cursor in the center :( i tryed full frames to but it the same :(

5. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Have you tried using all default settings but just change to full frame. Also make sure you have the latest beta of Afterburner and latest video drivers. Also add BF3.exe or the .exe of whatever game you are playing to the on-screen display server. Here's a pic of my settings.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. Hyper02

Hyper02 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 448 cores
    thanks ill try this when i get home and report back hope it works mw3 and fifa12 work with no probs but will give this a try thanks again

7. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Nps mate. :)

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Black screen is a result of installing some third party MJPG codec instead of Windows built-in one. Some third party MJPG codecs are unable to decode videos if width or height is not multiple to 16. Sort codecs on your system.

9. Hyper02

Hyper02 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 448 cores
    nah its still not picking up the game.

When i go in FIFA 12or any game i see the fps come up in the top left corner but i dont get that with bf3 :( and if i start recording before i go in to game i just get the black screen with the cursor in the middle when i watch it back :(

10. Unwinder

Doning so is a complete no go. You cannot record desktop and expect it to record fullscreen 3D properly.

11. Hyper02

Hyper02 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 448 cores
    it records the sound if i do it that way but it dont work at all if i try it from in game all the rest of the games work just bf3 :|

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  12. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    K-lite codec pack is what I use, which is very popular. Its the only codec related install I have on my system other than built in windows codecs. I use VLC media player also. I'm wondering if this should be looked into at some point? As most people have codecs installed on their system other than the built in windows ones. :eyes:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  13. Hyper02

Hyper02 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 448 cores
    ill give K-lite codec a try now i tryed VLC but it was the same thanks for the help

14. Hyper02

Hyper02 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 448 cores
    just tryed the K-lite but it still the same i think the program is not picking up bf3 to show the fps up in the corner if i can get the prorram to pick up bf3 i think it will work i got beta 11 msi afterburner but it just dont pick up bf3

15. Unwinder

There are no problems with bf3 and no fixes on the way, there are dozens of bf3 movies on youtube captured with Afterburner. Learn to configure the application.

16. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Well with those settings I showed for recording in-game I have no probs with BF3, also you should add BF3.exe app profile. As Unwinder says its in the settings.

17. Hyper02

Hyper02 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 448 cores
    yep i tryed them still didnt work i guess fraps it still the king at the mo :p

18. Unwinder

It is definitively the king for those who is unable to configure Afterburner. Good luck with that ;)

19. Hyper02

Hyper02 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 448 cores
    afterburner not working pal i tryed every think and you can't even tell me why it not work?? thanks for the help its only drac trying to help me out. i call you a troll but only because you look like one :biggun: lol fraps FTW

20. Unwinder

The reason it is not working is between your chair and keyboard. I'm coding Afterburner for people having minimal set of knowledge and reading skills. You're definitively not my user as I'm just a forum troll anyway, bye.