RTSS w/o afterburner, hotkey to turn off FPS in game

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by isolatedRay, Jun 11, 2017.

1. isolatedRay

isolatedRay Guest

GPU:
    MSI Aero GTX 1070
    What is the key for rivatuner statistics server without MSI Afterburner running at the same time to shut off the FPS display in-game? I tried to use control - f12 like I could if I had both running but it didn't shut off the display. Again, I like it better with only RTSS running without afterburner.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You can define a hotkey for show/hide OSD in RTSS settings. But I don't think it's RTSS's fps counter you're seeing if AB is off.

RTSS needs a monitoring software like AB or HWInfo to output the monitoring data to it. RTSS alone doesn't perform monitoring even if it's on and OSD is enabled.

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    RTSS is just what the name suggests statistics server can't output if there is no input.

4. isolatedRay

isolatedRay Guest

GPU:
    MSI Aero GTX 1070
    No, if you select show own statistics its shows the FPS without afterburner. I uninstalled Afterburner and RTSS shows the FPS in game, but I don't see how to define a hotkey to turn the FPS on or off in games like I could if I had Afterburner installed.