When will Rivatuner 2.25 be released ?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by kingsface, Jun 13, 2009.

1. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    :thumbup:

2. billko

billko Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9800 512MB
    Unwinder:

I'm also selfishly glad you haven't abandoned RT. It's tough to spend so much time developing something - especially when no one's paying you to do so! Also, I cannot even imagine how you keep up with all the new stuff coming out... I really can't...

I hope you got fairly compensated for AfterBurner. All those years of experience poured into that thing...

I can't wait to see what is in the next version of RT!

THANK YOU!

Bill

BTW - I hope you don't decide to give RT a skin like AfterBurner. Something like that is fine for a thirteen year old kid, but I'd like RT to retain its functional interface. It's a serious application that deserves a serious interface. :)

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Thanks for your kind words. And no need to worry about skins in RT. Personally I share the same opinion on interface skinning, it is just an additional selling point for commercical products attracting new teenagers with shiny buttons. It won't appear in RT.

4. RCRacing

RCRacing New Member

GPU:
    Diamond/HD3870/512mb
    I for one look forward to an update. 2.24 isnt compatible with Win 7. Thanks for your efforts for sure Unwinder. :)

5. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Yes it is.

6. RCRacing

RCRacing New Member

GPU:
    Diamond/HD3870/512mb
    It compatible but it wont hold my settings I save. I was runnin Vista 32 before and had no problems till went to Win 7.

7. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    its totally compatible with win7 no problems with any of it, overclocking and fan settings work fine

8. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Seven x64 happy RT 2.24c & 191.07 user here.

9. RCRacing

RCRacing New Member

GPU:
    Diamond/HD3870/512mb
    You are so right. I dl'd from somewhere else and now is working to my liking. Must have been a bad dl. I dont know about the OC stuff but at least my fan is working like I expect from this great program. :banana:

10. l.auris

l.auris Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 3870 512MB
    Hi, as I've noticed the RivaTuner is made more for ocing Nvidia's cards than ATI's. There are more options for them (fan, overclocking settings). For example I have a HD 3870 card fro ATI, I wanted to overclock it, but when I set the Core clock, I've noticed that the same clock was set to 2D mode also. So when I set my core to 860MHz for example, I also get 860MHz in 2D mode when I'm just browsing the net or so on. Normally the core clock should be 300MHz in 2D. Maybe anyone knows how to fix this?

And maybe RivaTuner will have more options for ATI cards in future versions?

11. Unwinder

Wrong. ATI drivers and their internal overclocking implementation is simply miles behind NVIDIA's. Use search please, it is starting to be boring to repeat that lack of PowerPlay support when using overclocking mechanisms with no clock limitation on ATI is one of endless and numerous "pleasant" specifics of AMD drivers.

12. l.auris

l.auris Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 3870 512MB
    Jasna. Sorry it's off-topic, so there is no ability to set only a 3D Core clock with the Riva on a ATI card, right?

13. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    Why dont you make a 2d profile for surfing etc, and a 3d profile for gaming?
    There is a guide here somewhere, go take a look.

14. convexion

convexion Member

GPU:
    2x Galaxy 660Ti@1265/6800
    ??? I'm running RT in Win7 x64 and haven't had any issues with settings not saving. Basically I set up RT to run at log on with Admin privileges via task scheduler. One little hint that I like to use is that you can add '/tray' as an argument and then RT will be minimized at launch.

15. billko

billko Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9800 512MB
    Hellllpppp!!! I've got the RT DT's! Withdrawal sure hurts. Grabbing some PILLS...

16. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

what do ya mean? rivatuner is fine

17. billko

billko Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9800 512MB
    What I mean i it's been so long since there's been a release of RT that I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms. ;)

18. Alpha

Alpha Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6950
    Let me make a guess. RT 2.25 will come only in some month to support Forceware 200 and the GF 300-series. I don't see any reason to make a new version atm (the issues with 195.39 don't count since those are beta and a newer beta driver has been released already).

19. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    a good reason would be already the ati 5xxx cards

20. Unwinder

Not true. Unfortunately I just physically has no time for RT update because of load @ primary work and additional MSI Afterburner project. I'll release 2.25 as soon as I have free time to finish some things, it is not linked to FW200 and GF300 series anyhow.