I cannot play my own game.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by StealBalls, May 14, 2013.

1. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Bulletstorm, I purchased it via steam many moons ago.

I installed it shortly ago and games for windows live is giving me hell it wont let me play it, wasted nearly 45 minutes just trying to play the game, that I payed for.

I won't 'PAY' for another game like this again - too difficult to play.

Now I am getting "the product key has been registered with another live profile... etc etc

honestly, I **** you not, I cannot play my own game, I am going to, download a cracked version so I can play it, not even joking.

I was really looking forward to giving this a go tonight, I set it downloading while i went and had dinner, it was all ready installed via steam when I got back, it's now been near an hour and I give up on it.

I want the world to know I now choose to not pay for G4WL games again, that's a promise.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What's the error? The only GFWL games I own are the Batman ones and they worked. Is GFWL updated?

3. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    In pc world, **** happens. Are you getting an error? Perhaps check the event viewer to see what´s the fault.

4. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Thanks it's saying the key is registered to another live profile, I have no clue, no idea at all, it's my game, my steam account, why the hell have I gotta piss about with some live profile.

RE5 I just make an offline one, Bulletstorm will not allow you to do this, I swear, if my net was down and I wanted ot play bulletstorm lol that would be the end of my paying for anything.

[​IMG]

I got serious rage going on right now because this has wasted much valuable time for me.

5. JulesCools

JulesCools Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black SLI
    ughh. I hate dealing with layers of game services. Far Cry Blood Dragon... UPlay registration on top of Steam key. Batman Arkham was even worse, having to ultimately make a hotmail live.com email address, register GFWL. I'm sure you made a mistake somewhere though, you might have possibly registered the game to another profile.

6. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Yes I have, I ave no clue what profile these things I just whip up so I can play a damned game, I have no idea, but point is this is a joke in general, it's my game lol I payed for it via steam why I cannot play it is making me steam (no pun intended)

I strongly protest what is happening to me tonight as a result I will not give them my money in the future they have lost a customer with this god awful **** they have done.

Sorry but trying to get this working over and over again has got me wound up tighter than a ducks arse.

mind you, least it was cheap as chips! lol

This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History online at any time.

Bulletstorm
    3.74 GBP
    FEAR 3
    3.24 GBP

Total
    6.98 GBP

7. JulesCools

JulesCools Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black SLI
    I think according to Fair Use you can just download a cracked copy of the game, after all you do own it :)

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If you have registered that key to another GFWL/Xbox live account there's nothing you can do except recover that email and password. If this is the first time you're doing this with Bulletstorm then contact Valve as Batman Arkham Asylum had a similar issue with keys.

Next time stick to steam only games on steam. Uplay, Rockstar Social Club and Gfwl just add to the things that can go wrong. Steam is the only one which is fairly reliable anyway.

9. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Thanks any idea how I could find what GFWL account I registered it to? at least then I could try and figure out what password I used, honestly though I am done with this tonight I will check back tomorrow I have wasted far too much time on this (all my time really)

I looked at the games in my steam library and decided between Serious Sam and Bulletstorm to install while I was away from my PC, what a bad choice lol

Ah well thanks for the help for sure.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    works fine here, but i have retail.

Might try your MSN email (hotmail)

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No idea .. trial and error is the only way out if you don't remember your Live email address. Last resort contact MS and ask for assistance and have any required information on hand like when did you buy it, invoice, etc. or just crack the mofo and don't accept poor quality software in the future :p Try serious sam, I bought it in the recent sale and am enjoying it!

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    If you have ANY other GFWL enabled game, simply make an offline profile (Google if you don't know how). When you next log into Bulletstorm, it will just auto log into the online profile if you hit the home key to skip the "account wizard" or whatever.

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I agree with lucidus, since you already own the game just use a nocd & crack the game. Done.

14. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    I just spent another 30 minutes trying to sort this out I simply have no idea what live account I registered the key to, who would have thought i actually needed this information I thought once i had activated it on steam that would be it, now i have no clue at all what LIVE account I created to play this game.

I have no idea how to crack a game through steam and some of the guides seem dodgy so I can assure everybody this, next time a game I want is G4WL - no chance.

I WILL have the game though.

EDIT: in a last ditch attempt I pulled out my network cable and started steam in offline mode - no help at all, still can't play it even whe it auto signs in with my Player1 RE5 profile.

I have a serious problem with authority on a normal day so this has sent my blood pressure through the roof.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  15. maddenz

maddenz Guest

GPU:
    msi nvidia gtx 680
    stealballs i had same problem with batman only way i could get it to save was to create a new account then before i signed in i disconnected internet so it was offline this allowed me to play and save you could give it a try good luck

16. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    Why not contact steam support?

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I honestly don't see why you are making it all into such an epic drama as all you need do is recover your associated email account and password and you will be able to play. If you don't even recall why you can't do that I'm left wondering why you have multiple accounts, just how many hotmail accounts do you have? Also it's fairly common knowledge that certain games go through both Steam and then require you logged into GFWL with an additional entered product key to actually play.

Contact both MS and Steam support and stop being such a drama queen, jeez.

18. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Drama is my middle name, and don't be so fkn disrespectful when a man is down, I can assure you your demeanour would be quite different were you standing 2 feet in front of me.

I actually don't even care to explain myself (to you) I have already contacted steam support however this is likely a lengthy process and I doubt I will have any luck.

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Firstly don't make threats. I don't take kindly to them and neither would anyone else on here. Secondly I was stating that I didn't understand why you were making such a fuss when the actions required to remedy the situation you are in are rather straightforward. Take that as disrespectful if you wish but I don't think it required you to respond in a threatening manner.

Good luck with getting it sorted regardless.

20. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    WHAT are you even on about? lol threats? get a grip and learn to read brah.