2.07/08 Unstable on 3 identical systems

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by SHKB, Mar 25, 2008.

1. SHKB

SHKB New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 512
    I've been keeping an eye on this forum to see if anyone else has this problem and so far the only problem reported thats been close is this one thread http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=255462.

The problem all 3 pcs are having is that during games (including non-punkbuster games) an error appears saying the fan profiles are corrupt, restarting rivatuner solves the problem but most the time you don't even notice it until you come out of game. I've followed this guide (http://www.vaguesoft.com/index.php?pageid=rt207) to the letter and still the problem remains, I've also tried adding it to the KAV trusted zone but no hope there. It also seems that the newer the driver is the worse the problems gets, starting from once in a while with 169 to almost all the time in the 174's.

We only started using Rivatuner with 2.06 and had no problems what so ever with that version, now going back to version 06 is an option but I'd perfer it if I could get the later version running if possible.

I've also noticed that in the thread I linked to we all seem to be using EVGA graphics cards and while we've had no problems with them I've read that there have been problems with EVGA cards in the past with programs like punkbuster but this could be totally unrelated.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jsunn

Jsunn New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512
    I have seen this issue as well. Just as you stated, restarting Rivatuner fixes the issue.

I have also noticed that it can occur at any time as well. I have seen it after I know RT is running fine and then I will get the corrupt fan profile message.

I am running Vista 32 SP1 (was happening prior to SP1)
    C2D E6600
    8800 G92 GTS

-J

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I repeat 100th time that it can be only caused by some third party application blocking RT's startup daemon (antivirus, firewall or other diagnostic application or tweak application) at OS startup.
    The easiest workaround is unchecking all "Apply at windows startup" in RT and replacing them with scheduled profile load tasks. Alternately, you can tweak power user StartupDaemonDelay (e.g. set it to 5000ms) entry to force it to be started with delay when other tools already finished loading.