Issues with the afterburner?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Maurillion, May 4, 2012.

1. Maurillion

Maurillion Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4270
    Hello, I just downloaded the afterburner to increase my Video Card potential. As you can see my videocard is a ATI Radeon HD 4270 512 mb. My issue here is that the only thing that is customizable in my afterburner version is the core clock and the memory clock which are at the maximum. Every other option is not customizable, and they are at the lowest, I can't move the slider. What can I do? Other thing is that theres no driver in my driver section (beneath the card name).:bang:
    EDIT: also, I don't have the Power limit slider.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    there isnt too much potential you can increase ._.

The others are the lowest because your card doesnt support that kind of features (voltage control, fan?, power limit its only avaiable to some high-end cards... greyed out, unmovable and at "lowest" = unsupported.

What you see is what you have. (maybe you need to tick voltage support, but i doubt your card can adjust voltage via SW)

Anyways, if you can increase core and memory, what else do you want?. That's what most of us overclock anyways. If you can tweak fan speed (if you have one), that too, otherwise beware about temperatures.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  3. Maurillion

Maurillion Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4270
    The problem is that the core and memory are at it's maximum :/

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Your card does not support the aforementioned features, end of story I'm afraid.

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Have you tried running Afterburner with /xcl and restart?
    It's used to remove the standard clock limit.
    Just let us know if something blows up, yeah? ;)