I can't set custom values for the fan!

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by xzirri, Nov 19, 2008.

1. xzirri

xzirri New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX280 1GB
    Hi everyone!

I'm having a trouble with fan speeds and such... I got tired of the bugs and problems in SmartDoctor, so I decided to start using RivaTuner.

Unfortunately, I ran into a problem. I can't set the fan speed to desired temperature! In the window for fan controls, I could set to auto, or to a fixed value, but how can I make the fan speed regulate to the temperature so it stays at 40C at idle with low fan speed, but at maximum speed under load at 60C? I noticed that I couldn't change anything in auto-mode.

Besides, I saw a screenshot on the download site showing the fan control page. It had different tabs such as overclocking, but it only shows up a fan tab on my computer... BTW, my graphics card is a GTX280.

Looking forward to any solutions or workarounds :)

X

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Two solutions, both are working fine:

1) Read context help
    2) Use forum search feature

3. xzirri

xzirri New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX280 1GB
    Thanks for the reply.

I've tried searching the forum, but I couldn't find anything I understood. I'm quite new to this program. I also checked the help file, but nothing I could understand...

Can you be a little more specific? Thanks for bothering ;)

X

4. xzirri

xzirri New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX280 1GB
    I've taken a closer look at the help file, and finally I understand ;) Thanks anyways

X