1. Lancer23

Lancer23 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia/9800 GTX/512 MB
    I recently downloaded Rivatuner and I am new to overclocking GPU's. I have one problem and one question that I'd greatly appreciate having answered. My problem is everytime after I have gone to customize my settings in the Drivers tab section and increased my core/shader/memory clock speeds and clicked apply, my computer freezes either into a blank blue, white or black screen. I have been unchecking then checking "apply overclocking at...startup" and have also tried rebooting while having rivatuner still open, however the new settings won't go into affect.
    I also have a question about the slider tab for the Memory clock slider. I can go past the little black marker on the bottom to 1650 Mhz but when I do that a little yellow sign on the left side of the sreen appears, kinda like a warning, is that bad? thankyou everyone who replies:)

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    1) It appears you have no room to overclock your card, hense the lockup.

2) Right click the slider and read the context help. It answers your second question.

3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Your card has a default memory clock of 1000mhz (2ghz effective), setting the memory to 1650mhz = an actual speed of 3300mhz, that's never going to happen so there's no point worrying that the slider doesn't go further. This leads me to believe that maybe you're not fully understanding how double data rate memory achieves the clocks it runs at and you're trying to push it way too far.

4. Lancer23

Lancer23 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia/9800 GTX/512 MB