RivaTuner 2.10 Background Monitoring

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by francisw19, Sep 15, 2008.

1. francisw19

francisw19 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    Hello,

I am having so trouble with the background monitoring feature in RivaTuner 2.10.

I have set 3 fan profiles for my GTX260 SLI system - 2D Mode: 50% fan, Low Power 3D: 65% fan, High Power 3D: 80% fan. I have set these 3 fan speeds in the Launcher and have created Scheduler events so that when the core speed of the GPU is in a certain range, the fan speed will adjust to the above values.

I have found when the Hardward monitor page is open, the fan speeds adjust perfectly as the core speed increases/decreases. However, when the hardware monitor page is closed, the fan speeds do NOT change when the core speed is changed. I have enabled background monitoring, however, this does not appear to make a difference.

For reference, I have nVidia Forceware 177.41, nVidia PhysX 8.08.18, Vista Ultimate 64-bit w/ 2x GTX260 in SLI. I also have a 780i motherboard w/ 15.23 nForce drivers.

Thanks

2. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Push the red button on the lower left hand corner of the Hardware Monitoring window [Edit: ah, you did. n/m then, no idea]. Also check "Send to tray on close" on RT's Settings tab.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  3. francisw19

francisw19 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    Thanks for the reply...I do not have the "Send To Tray On Close" option checked.

Just to be clear, if I close RivaTuner completely (i.e. no RT icon in the system tray), does that stop all background monitoring? Perhaps this could explain why the scheduler was not working as expected.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Sure, it stops all monitoring. Hardware monitoring module is a part of RivaTuner, so no RivaTuner running = no monitoring.

5. francisw19

francisw19 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    Thanks, Unwinder...it seems I misunderstood the Background Monitoring feature. I have RivaTuner simply running in the system tray and it's working great now. :)

6. nfkru

nfkru Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 1GB GDDR5
    Can anyone please help me

The only way to see OSD in games is to leave "Hardware Monitoring" window on the desktop, if i close it nothing works. I have 2.11 version, before with 2.09 everything work well.
    I have:
    - Send to trayon close
    - Run at windows startup eather RT eather RT Statistic Server
    OSD on
    Global application settings everything on without "LoadLibrary hooking"

Thanx a lot.