Nvidia Inspector - Frame Rate Limiter Resetting After Restart

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Gabrieltech, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Gabrieltech

Gabrieltech Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    Hey guys,

As stated in the title I am having an issue with Nvidia Inspector, where after I restart my computer, the frame limter is turned off, and I have reset it manually every time, is there anyway to fix this please?

I am running Windows 8.1 and have the latest Nvidia Drivers ( 331.93 ) - I even tried rolling back to an earlier driver but that didn't help.

Thanks for any replies.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    are your running nvidia inspector as administrator?

3. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Have you tried the "universal" win 8.1 fix ?

Namely, adjusting the settings and then instead of restarting/shutting down tell the computer to sleep. After you wake it up you can restart and the settings should stick.

That's how I got my Creative drivers to remember their settings so it might work for Nvidia Inspector as well.

EDIT

And of course also what Tsunami said

4. Gabrieltech

Gabrieltech Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    Yes I ran it as administrator.

I will try what you suggested when I get home and get back to you, thanks for the replies.

5. Gabrieltech

Gabrieltech Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    I tried the "universal" fix to no avail. When woken up from sleep it kept the settings, but after the restart it resets back to default.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Is your user account? the true administrator of the pc? (hidden administrator)

Cause only think i know that cause such issues is UAC being active and not being true admin of the pc.

Both things the normal person should not be turning off or using

7. Gabrieltech

Gabrieltech Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    I believe so, but sometimes it still asks me to give permission, for example when copying things. How do I check? Sorry for being such a noob.

My account is set as "Local" Account, whenever a popup to give permission pops up I just click yes, and it resumes, so I presume I am set as the admin.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  8. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Something new they added in 8/8.1. secpol.msc and its under local admins iirc.

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's not an issue with NV Inspector, that's known NVIDIA driver issue and it has zero relation to NV Inspector. Noobs @ EVGA techsupport forum also blame EVGA Precision for the same problem when in fact it is broken in driver.

10. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    How are you limiting framerate, through global or individual profiles? Resetting for both?

And does anyone know how to create a custom framerate? Like if I wanted to cap at 144. It only goes up to 120. I know it can be done but I forgot where I read it at.

11. Gabrieltech

Gabrieltech Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    Do you know of which driver I can revert back to have it work again by any chance?

12. Gabrieltech

Gabrieltech Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    I am limiting it through Nvidia Inspector Driver Profile Settings - Under common there is frame limiter.

13. Gabrieltech

Gabrieltech Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    Updated to the newest driver (332.21) , same issue still occurring, I don't know what to do.

14. FranzMan

FranzMan Guest

GPU:
    OCZ 8GB
    I have the same problem (reset after restart)
    (Win7 64bit)
    Hope it will be fixed, the beta driver from yesterday didn't change anything