AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA (13.200.0.0 July 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Dude, you are confusing me with someone else, I am sure. Drink a Red Bull and wake up...:cheers:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    They are flawless compared to this ****, they at least spend a decent amount of money for their driver support, only major ****up I saw was for linux. This driver has been coming for a year and they release it a day after their promise with no memory rewrite just frame pacing and random broken games. Hopefully WHQL will be better, I know this driver isn't aimed at my gpu but I tend to see improvements anyways, as long as stuff isn't crashing. I mean really? League of Legends crashing on even a beta driver is sad, it's like the most played game right now. That said I love amd and I am digging the opengl beta driver so far, works good on dolphin. This driver is good but they need to fix crashes etc. Nvidia at least has good Drivers for sli and nvidia inspector/better forms of Anti-aliasing(and forcing it). I wonder how amd will handle 9000 series drivers.

3. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I 100% agree with you. It still doesn't change the fact that there isn't a solution for it. So that's why people are upset and looking to blame someone.

I check that site where the tool was developed by the person there and he says he gave up, there's no way of making it work. AMD has removed the tools that could be used for creating resolutions.

Example of the tools that were there and are now gone... the things he mentions in this post not working.

http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/159732

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Na, I was just accompanying your post :p (the people you referenced were talking about lack of Downsampling on AMD)

I know; NVIDIA's paid WHQL signature-signed drivers are totally flawless with their disabling of fan controllers and overvolting of cards to the point of hardware damage :p

Not saying AMD is perfect either, but I'd rather chance some software-related issues with them, than have my GPU and other hardware possibly catch fire from a WHQL-signed driver update.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013

5. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Linux and the supra-mentioned cards "physically damaged by WHQL-signed drivers" from nVIDIA. (now I got it Espionage724, sorry. My bad). There are a lot of things you aren't seeing...
    Don't get me wrong. nVIDIA spends a lot of money in driver development but, that doesn't make it any better than AMD nor any less capable of seriously f***ing up!
    I am a GTX780 proud owner, my first nVIDIA main card for gaming in 10 years. I am having a blast keeping up with nVIDIA's drivers and their tons of problems, I assure you.

6. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
  7. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Liking these drivers. I swear Crysis 3 is smoother but might be placebo effect.

8. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    To which overvolting are you referring to? Overvolting GPU issues happened from certain drivers and manual over-volting. MSI was at fault for one case I believe(or a few). The fan controller fckup was a joke but isn't that old news?

9. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    My bad. Sometimes I'm slow. I'm glad i got that Red Bull and woke up myself. I apologized in my previous post. Again, sorry.

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I could be wrong, but I saw someone mention it with the 320.18 driver. Not sure if there was a particular vendor involved with that or not.

The fan controller thing is pretty old news, but still kind of concerning how it happened with signed drivers.

Np :)

11. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    The person who developed it hasn't updated the tool since the 13 betas were first introduced months ago. His tool used to be as easy as adding a custom resolution and clicking apply with 12.11 betas, but the introduction of 13 made it very tedious requiring uninstalls and re-installs in order to get it to work. Now we have no work around.

If he didn't bother updating during that time, then why would I expect him to update it now? AMD probably added some kind of permanent block or something.

12. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    - SSSA work pretty fine, better of nvidia who was not even support DX11 games. ( and need tweaks bit for each game ( when its possible, so not in all case yet, when it work it offtly bring bug with it, as the bit used are not specifically made for the game. )

- downsampling from the driver is a miss, but its not to them to test 3th party software, its to the guy who have develop it to test it and do the change needed. ( Im not sure everybody use downsampling so far, this have raise this last 6-7months, after the apparition of sweetFX. ( but is really the majority of gamers use downsampling.. im not sure )

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I suppose that makes sense, but I see no logical reason at all why AMD would just go out of their way to stop downsampling (it doesn't benefit them in any way; unless they were getting floods of support tickets about it or something).

I'm just assuming AMD changed their resolution method or something for a reason unrelated to downsampling.

14. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Not at all, no. I previously owned several Nvidia cards going back to their old 7000 series, and I'm very familiar with their drivers. They are far from perfect. AMD has made great advancements in their drivers since that time, and, imo, their drivers are every bit as good as nvidia's now.

My main gripe is with their lackadaisical approach to adding better and more options for their drivers. For example, nvidia has inspector with IQ options and SSAA of all types, as well as driver supported downsampling/custom resolution. What do we have? Mediocre and limited SSAA support, no driver custom options for LOD, nothing.

15. jazzie

jazzie Guest

GPU:
    powercolor hd7790 turbodu
    i don't get the difference between AMD Catalyst Driver and AMD mobility driver

what's the difference? pls advicse!!!

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Would you naggers PLEASE STOP nagging it's killing me. You want to nag, open a nagging topic and go and nag there all of you.

This driver is meant to have feedback for the frame-pacing as that's its main feature. I am sorry if your 3rd party tool has stopped working with the newest driver - NEWS FLASH - this happens.

Imagine japamd just creating RadeonPro a few years ago and abandoning it. Eventually, it would have no longer worked with anything.

It's not AMD's job to make sure all the pretty 3rd party tools work with its drivers - that's just an insane selfish request.

What about Nvidia? I've heard many issues of incompatibility of D3DOverrider with Windows 8. Shouldn't Nvidia allow DirectX triple buffering through the control panel? No, read DirectX spec, both Nvidia & AMD are not supposed to provide (force) D3D TB via Drivers. What about 3rd party software that allows this functionality and is constantly updated?

On the other hand, RadeonPro's triple buffering option works with every game I have tried so far.

So far, every 3rd-party SSAA / Downsampling tool / method I've seen has been hit & miss.

Blame the tool developer...

Right. AMD don't want you to downsample, it burns their cards!

Nvidia Inspector is a 1st party tool? Check your facts!

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You're right.

I hope AMD does release a V2 driver or something with 8.1 support at some point so I can actually try these out.

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I didn't mean you were nagging, though.

19. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    I know what you meant. Anyhow way to many people whining in here, seriously post your issue once then move along, don't post the same crap over and over.

20. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580