Fujifilm X100T

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Xenotone, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Anyone know much about this camera or this particular category of cameras? I want really nice quality but something I won't be reluctant to take with me and this thing seems to get great reviews. I like the style of it too.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  2. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    It's a great camera, though I'd suggest looking for the S version. the T isn't all that much better to warrant such a price difference.

Also beware that it's a fixed lens.

3. uberdruid

uberdruid Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7900
    I have been looking at this style of camera for a while.

While there are many people who love it, the consensus seems to be that you really are going to have to move your feet to get the shot.

I am also unsure if I really want a camera with a fixed lens either. At 23mm, you are going to be stuck with the same compression on all your shots (I would presume). Unless you really like that wide angle and having background subjects far away, you are sort of stuck with it.

As a camera that would work in addition to a DSLR I see the merits. If it's your only camera I would think that something in the Sony range would offer a similar setup (albeit with a much heftier price tag) with the eventual option of lens choice.

/my humble opinion.

4. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    ^ pretty much that.

I have the original X100 and it's my only camera that I use (apart from film stuff). While I love it, sometimes the 35mm equiv. focal length gets tiring, especially when doing portraits of people.

That being said, 35mm is a damn good focal range for pretty much everything.