3DMARK FireStrike Ultra/GPU Utilization help!!!

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by A M D BugBear, May 10, 2017.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, Did try out some firestrike ultra(Default Settings) Bench.

First thing I noticed is that, some scenes, such as the very first one, doesn't even use both gpus's like lower then 50, then some scenes uses more.

Then I think I clicked on the 32bit version during startup(Steam), by accident instead of 64bit. Clicked on ultra, and guess what, uses full gpu utilization, fps was like double in performance, but soon as I got to that cpu physics benchmark, the speed is SO SLOW, was getting like 54-67fps, now its like only 4-5+fps.

I tried these sli bit hex's:

0x080000F5

0x000000F5

0x080010F5

Also tried to set predefined directx 10(AFR)

All with same results, from what I have seen, its very rare occurrence that both gpus will be at 98-99%, if it does, the cpu benchmark scene goes to super fast to Dead Slow speed.

Any sli hex code should I use? Any changes within nvidia inspector??

Which hex code is the best to use during sli for this bench?

UPDATE:

I just did a custom run within 4k(3840x2400), along with increased in-settings msaa to x8 for kicks, both gpu's are fully blasted, however, soon as I got to the damn cpu physics bench, SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! should be running well over 50 to 70 fps, now its like 4.5-6fps or so.

Also, soon as the last bench was being done downloaded, System did a restart on its own.

Another update:

Tried msaaX4, and this time the first benchmark scene is like 80 to like 60's, scene 2 was like 100%, Gpu usage speaking.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, Fixed the problem for now I hope :)

This is what I did:

I uninstalled 3dmark with all dlc's content, cleaned out the registry a bit, system restart, downloaded and installed 3dmark, Now gpu utilization and physics bench is top notch, I tested this @ 4k(Default settings)

Only thing is that and this aint the only progam, gpu speeds bounces back and forth a bit, whats interesting is that with doom @ 4k with max in game settings, my overclock stays at a constant 1490mhz at ALL times.

UPDATE:

Throttling issues is ALL FIXED!, on my other thread.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017