Help With Ryzen 5

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Knighter, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Knighter

Knighter Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX570 Armor 8GB
    Hello!

I would like to purchase a Ryzen 5 1600 with the Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3
    motherboard. The big question is will i able to get to the bios update screen? I'm sure it will have the stock F2 firmware because the supported bios came out yesterday! Will it Work? I don't want to end up with black screen :bugeye:

Thanks in advance!

2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    When I got my cpu and motherboard, without RAM, the dealer actually help me flashed to the latest bios at the moment before I took it home.

You can ask your dealer to do this for you if local. If you are buying online, read the Ryzen owners thread here before you buy so you can have everything downloaded and ready to update.

Also do some reading on the current Ryzen MB so you know what you maybe in for.

Good luck!

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Your best bet is to email gigabyte support to get the correct answer directly from them. Good Luck and enjoy it your new Ryzen system !

4. Knighter

Knighter Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX570 Armor 8GB
    Thanks guys, i dropped a message to Gigabyte, hope will get an answer soon. I'm so hyped for Ryzen :)

5. Knighter

Knighter Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX570 Armor 8GB
    UPDATE

I had no answer from gigabyte, but meanwhile i have received the actual hardware and it worked like a charm. So if anyone afraid with old bios don't worry. You can get to bios screen no problem and updated it to latest AGESA via flash drive.

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you for the feedback and enjoy your new Ryzen system.

Regards: Chispy

7. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    had probs with 1st bios but the second one works flawlessly :)

8. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    had probs with 1st bios but the second one works flawlessly :)

giga -got a ****ty interface, this is where asus shines! but i had the asus prime micro before and loads of trouble came with it. the giga feels more polished, 2 more vrm's, 3 fan headers! Not like i have to look at the bios all day