Intel launches first Haswell Refresh CPUs for OEMS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have a few of those lol.

The TIM wasn't the problem. The problem was the gap height between the CPU die and the underside of the IHS.

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    That sucks : /

I'm lucky mine does 4,5 GHz at only 1.175 volts.

3. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Holy crap Ryrynz rage much, dont get me wrong the cpu's are still great they just havent made any worthwhile performance jumps that can justify 250$ upgrade just slightly more energy efficient.

4. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I agree with your statement, Intel has left AMD far behind in their desktop cpu's in raw performance for quite some time now.
    Unlike their competition with Nvidia in the discrete desktop GPU department in which AMD is doing very well.
    I wish AMD would release a miracle cpu that will surpass Intel's offerings by up to 50% and at the same price point.
    I know i am only dreaming, but i would really like to see the same level of competition of Nvidia vs AMD with Intel.
    I would love to have new powerful cpu's that i can upgrade to as often as GPU's.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm able to do 4.5GHz @ 1.22v with the one I'm using now. But the voltage variations between cpus is ridiculous.

6. rene mauricio

rene mauricio Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    I dont suppose they mentioned which CPUs the BIOS update was for did they? I get the feeling the only "new" processors that will work on the 8-series boards will be the new Pentiums.

7. tx00824

tx00824 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 4870x2
    I totally agree, this is getting so depressing... even when they eventually upgrade it will probably be only 6 cores, which is already not appealing at all...

Somehow I doubt it happen in the next one broadwell or whatever it is called, it maybe 2 generations away... Intel is like an old tree, strong on the outside and rotten inside... capitalistic moloch!

It all depends what you are using it for, I do a lot of rendering and every single core and thread counts very much!