Upgrade from 460 to 760 GTX. Browsers crash!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hammie, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Like the title says, I got my brother a 760 GTX from a 460 GTX.

OS runs fine, games run fine I assume. However when hes browsing the net the browsers freeze and you have to control alt delete and end task.

He is on the latest Win7 drivers 64bit. We tried one version earlier but same thing. I hope theres someone who came upon this issue and there is a fix.

Thanks in advance.

2. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    Need more information. I am assuming it's a used card. Did he do a proper DDU and reinstall drivers? Test it and make sure games run - maybe it's just shot. What browsers is he using? Try disabling hardware acceleration in the browsers, or try different browsers. 760 will use slightly more power than 460 - is the PSU good and 500+ watts? Good luck!

3. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Get old driver like 361.6, fixes it for me.

4. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Wow thanks for the responses. Ok the only site it crashes in is facebook

Also it plays games well. We turned off hardware accel but it happened again,, chrome or fox on facebook freezes browser. Ok Im going to tell him to try the 361.6x . Thanks much to all.

5. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Ok now it seems as though both browsers are slow. It will freeze and go again. It gives a error up top that yellow bar,, like its a script error.

BTW his 760 GTX MSI I got him works flawlessly in games and in windows and other apps. Problem is the browsers now they get stuck and it's slow. Well try older drivers now.. thx