Ripping DVD's to WAV/MP3

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Beavis, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    We'll after a good hour of searching I've found nothing...so:

Does anyone know a good FREE (or at least a version that doesn't lock after 30 days) DVD ripper that will convert your DVD's into MP3's?

I have a lot of music DVD's and it would be cool to listen to them on my MP3 player. I've used Gordian Knot and all the various rippers in there but it just takes too long, there's far too many steps to take just to rip one song...

Any help is appreaciated.

2. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    If the DVDs are locked, we can't really help you much as DeCSS and other decryption schemes are currently illegal under the DMCA here in the US where the site is hosted.
    I don't agree with the DMCA, but its not worth endangering the site for.

3. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    Really? Well actually most of the DVD's I own are protected but others aren't.

It's stupid really...I mean I spend $30(AUD) on each DVD and I can't even back them up and listen to them..It's just as stupid as those region areas...grrrr

4. Daimerous

Daimerous Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS on 2 SyncMaster 205BWS
    maybe you can find something on doom9.***
    I don't know if I can actually give the site out on here, but if you go through the normal com, and net, and org endings, then you will get to the right place. When you do get there, just go to the download section. There may be a tool that could help you there.

5. BlazeInterior

BlazeInterior Guest

GPU:
    24GB
    I do not know to wheather is appropriate to answer this question after ten years, but the point is sharing, because I saw a similar post at another forum. It is to convert DVD directly into H265 encoding, a friend to shared this article http://www.**************factory.com/tips/dvd-to-h265.html, It is very Useful after my viewing. For this issue which convers DVD to MP3, I think it is the same approach, only need to choose the output format as mp3. Friends who are interested in this topic can discuss together.:banana:

6. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi Beavis,

Try this out i think it's the best one. i have been using this for years w/ win 7 8 8.1 now 10. easy too use https://www.dbpoweramp.com/