RivaTuner15.7 - I get colored lines on display (pic included)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by RoyalFlush, Oct 4, 2005.

1. RoyalFlush

RoyalFlush Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    Hello, I am having problems with RivaTuner. I followed this setup guide for RivaTuner15.7 (only guide I can find for v15.7): http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1500237&enterthread=y

And I get the following colored lines after restart:

(click for larger pic)
    [​IMG]

This is how I have it setup before I restart to take effect:

(click again for larger image)
    [​IMG]

And then I get those wierd lines. What could be wrong? What other info do you guys need from me? Thanks in advance and apologies if any. Oh yeah, my main concern is to unlock the 16 pipes on my eVga 6800 card.

-Royal

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  2. ADyingDevotion

ADyingDevotion Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 Vanilla
    Pipes are broken.

3. RoyalFlush

RoyalFlush Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    So, I should return (RMA it) it? I just purchased it last week and been playing games with it, with no problems. I acutally get good framerate while playing counter strike or day of defeat source.

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    How can you with good morality RMA a card that is what you paid for? That's not fair to the vendor.....

If you softmod or hardmod a card.....it's not the vendor's fault.

5. RoyalFlush

RoyalFlush Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    I meant to say return it for a refund in order to buy another card (6800GT) from the same vendor and willing to spend the extra $100 dollars to get the full 16pipes.

I also read somewhere else you have to be somewhat 'lucky' to receive a batch that will allow you to unlock the pipe's and shaders. If I woulda known that before, I woulda just waited and bought the GT series.

But I'm not disappointed on the card, it's still good and looks very nice for what you pay for :)